Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Congratulations and Props

Greetings everybody.

I'm going to lead off with this....I was born and bred a black & gold bleeding Steelers fan. That being said, this does not prevent me from acknowledging an amazing effort by another team, even if it is my rival.

I think you'll find that while most Steelers fans despise the Ravens, there's still a great deal of respect there. Maybe I'm only speaking for myself, though.

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on being fans of the World Champion Baltimore Ravens. Enjoy it, next year every team is going to bring their A game against the Ravens.

If you respond to this, my only request is that you keep things civil. I didn't come here to attack the Ravens, or the fanbase. I'd be happy to discuss football, though.

Take Care.

Re: Congratulations and Props

Thanks cessna ....

You won't have to worry about us being civil. We don't mind opposing teams fans, even Steelers fans, and as long as you're respectful yourself, things will go smoothly here.

Thanks again for the kind words and can't wait to face you guys next season!

Quote Originally Posted by cessnapilot513 View Post
    Greetings everybody.

I'm going to lead off with this....I was born and bred a black & gold bleeding Steelers fan. That being said, this does not prevent me from acknowledging an amazing effort by another team, even if it is my rival.

I think you'll find that while most Steelers fans despise the Ravens, there's still a great deal of respect there. Maybe I'm only speaking for myself, though.

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in and say congratulations on being fans of the World Champion Baltimore Ravens. Enjoy it, next year every team is going to bring their A game against the Ravens.

If you respond to this, my only request is that you keep things civil. I didn't come here to attack the Ravens, or the fanbase. I'd be happy to discuss football, though.

Take Care.
    Thanks mate.

I think you'll find most of us are very respectful and not afraid to give credit where it is due (not hard when our players are constantly being hated on regardless of performance).

Look forward to our battles later on the year.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries
    If you can deal with a few knuckle heads who go out of their way to bash all things Pittsburgh, then you nay actually find this board a nice spot to talk football.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think most here would appreciate having an alternative POV.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Welcome aboard! I personally enjoy opposing fans insights, as long as they're here to talk football, not trash, like Cincycat. Speaking of opposing fans, is Steelfaninbmore still around ? I haven't seen him post in a bit. I liked that cat.

6. Re: Congratulations and Props

I appreciate the warm welcomes. On occasion it's good to get away from "my" forums...there's too much "dumb yinzer" talk sometimes. I just have two questions for you....1) Did Ray Lewis seem a bit slow, and not quite himself during the superbowl? and 2) Does Flacco get a new deal this year, or does he get a franchise tag?

One more question - Who's your most respected Steelers player? I give mad respect to Ed Reed. That guy is amazing. There are 31 other teams who would kill to have #20 on their defense.

You're not the same guy who crashed a Cessna into Memorial Stadium, after the Pittsburgh/Colts game, are you? Just kidding.

Ray did not have a good game. Joe...remains to be seen.

One more question - Who's your most respected Steelers player?
    I respect Troy Polamalu. Great player, especially when healthy, but what I really respect is the way he conducts himself off the field. I also thought it was classy of Maurkice Pouncey to go against the grain and say he was cheering for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

I appreciate the warm welcomes. On occasion it's good to get away from "my" forums...there's too much "dumb yinzer" talk sometimes. I just have two questions for you....1) Did Ray Lewis seem a bit slow, and not quite himself during the superbowl? and 2) Does Flacco get a new deal this year, or does he get a franchise tag?

One more question - Who's your most respected Steelers player? I give mad respect to Ed Reed. That guy is amazing. There are 31 other teams who would kill to have #20 on their defense.
    1) Physically yes he was well past his prime. Though his leadership and studious nature for game film is what kept him from not looking too bad. As in, he knew where to go and what the play will be., but didn't have the skills for that to be too effective anymore.

2) I'm hoping we get the deal done before official FA so we can resign some of our pieces (no doubt there will be casualties, but this way we won't be totally powerless).

3) Ben (rape allegations notwithstanding) - that guy's escapabaility and extension of plays isw aht we as Ravens fans have hoped Flacco could be/has shown to be (heck even Jets fans saw that in him in his Delaware years) and Troy. Imagining a Pro Bowl with Troy, Ed, Revis in coverage is mouth-watering
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Sadly Ray was on his last legs. He had been a liability in pass coverage most of the year but his leadership and film study are legendary.
    As for most respected Steeler without a doubt It's Ben. Dude is a playmaker and is most effective when he's outside the pocket.

Blog Entries

#1. Ray Lewis has seemed slow for years. However, in years past, the defense as a whole was able to mask that, for the most part. In the playoffs, Indianapolis did not do the best job of attacking him with the tight ends. Neither did Denver. I think that New England wanted to, but Gronkowski did not play and Aaron Hernandez, for all of his athleticism, is not the toughest guy around. You could sense, particularly in that second half, that New England wanted no part of Baltimore's physicality.

To be honest, we all saw the Vernon Davis mismatch coming. We just didn't think Kaepernick would be able to tight end us to death and win the game. We were right.

As for Joe Flacco, he is going to be paid. The non-exclusive franchise tag is only $14 million, but opens up the chance for another team to make an offer and there are enough teams out there that would give up two firsts for him, even if not a lot. Which means they would have to give him the Exclusive tag, which is $20 and some change. At that point, the tag works against the team. His deal will be done sooner, rather than later.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

James Harrison for never giving up, getting cut a couple times and becoming a beast. Troy Polamalu for his hard-nosed style. Big Ben too, he just seems to kill teams on broken plays and I thought he had an incredible season this year (I realize he had off the field problems, but I respect him as a player).