Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    We'll agree to disagree.
    what part?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    what part?
    Everything.

Everything.
    ok, well in that case, your opinion has no value. I don't thnk you watch football very closely.

Everything.
    How enlightening. Good contribution to the discussion.

There is no universe in which I'd trade Suh for either of those guys right now. He's a piss poor run defender, dirty player, bad attitude, walking DUI.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Oh, and he's not as good as Ngata or Suggs were on one fucking leg for most of the season.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

There is no universe in which I'd trade Suh for either of those guys right now. He's a piss poor run defender, dirty player, bad attitude, walking DUI.
    Agreed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

ravensrule is a known defensive hater, he pretty much dislikes every player on the team other than Flacco.

Just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ravensrule is a known defensive hater, he pretty much dislikes every player on the team other than Flacco.

Just stop it.
    Sorry... didn't know I was debating with someone like that. DET is soooo good, that's why they won 4 games, and our guys are so o bad, that's why we won the SB...

I honestly don't consider it an opinion that Ngata is a superior all around player then SUH. IT's a fact.
    He's on my ignore now... so you don't have to worry about me adding to the madness any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

:word

You do not trade high character guys who live up to their talent level like Suggs and Ngata for a low character guy who has IMO under performed. CJ is not a guy they are going to trade unless the return was so rich that they could not turn it down. The Ravens do not do business that way. They value getting good value. Adding CJ would be an amazing boon to the offense no doubt but would deal a devastating blow on the D giving up those guys. The net effect I have no doubt in my mind would be negative and leave the Ravens resembling Detroit more so than a SB contender.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Re: the PFT article on teams planning to sign him to offer sheets on the franchise tag...

I guess no one will let someone write a story about it, since that'd be tampering, but let's forget that there are no real shreds of people planning to do this...

Would the NFL void a contract like the one they mention? a 40 mil dollar roster bonus? That'd basically make it a VERY rich 1 year deal with absolutely no dead money in years 2-5/6. It's practically a poison pill, isn't it?

In any case, it won't come to that, but I think floating that notion is utterly ridiculous, because it wouldn't happen. NO team is dumb enough to blow all their cap space in one year by front loading it more then 20 mil for this season.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Re: the PFT article on teams planning to sign him to offer sheets on the franchise tag...

I guess no one will let someone write a story about it, since that'd be tampering, but let's forget that there are no real shreds of people planning to do this...

Would the NFL void a contract like the one they mention? a 40 mil dollar roster bonus? That'd basically make it a VERY rich 1 year deal with absolutely no dead money in years 2-5/6. It's practically a poison pill, isn't it?

In any case, it won't come to that, but I think floating that notion is utterly ridiculous, because it wouldn't happen. NO team is dumb enough to blow all their cap space in one year by front loading it more then 20 mil for this season.
    I know that poison pills are not allowed with the new CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

That's not a poison pill...you can structure a contract any way you want...poison pills refer to things like "if you play X amount of games in State Y, your contract is guaranteed".
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.