Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    They won't tag him. A deal will get done.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Agreed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Agreed.

Having said that.......PAY THE MAN!!

iggyman555 Guest

Joe Flacco’s agent says he should be league’s highest paid QB
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ghest-paid-qb/

Blog Entries

We have NO CHOICE, we can't use the TAG because it will east up 20 million for 2013, no way can we afford that.

While in my personal opinion Flacco is worth the 20 million, he won't get it. And I don't think he wants it either. This is the same guy who was asked what he was going to do with his "signing bonus" money as a rookie and he said buy a lawnmower. He'll get 16-18 mill and make sure the core of the team is still around so we can sustain success. But if he really wants to go deep and break the bank, do you playa! He deserves it. Especially with the hate and criticisms he had to endure from the National Media to his own backyard over the years.

Blog Entries

This is from CNBC the business channel. For those who don't know Linta is Flacco's agent

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100436500

When asked whether Flacco should be the highest paid quarterback in the NFL, Linta simply said: "YES."

That would mean more than the $18 million Denver paid Peyton Manning this season, or the $20 million a year that Drew Brees is averaging in New Orleans.

He's younger than both. He's won as much as they have. And Flacco is just heading into the peak of his career.

"When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player's body of work presently," Linta said. "And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

"Joe wins on both accounts."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is from CNBC the business channel. For those who don't know Linta is Flacco's agent

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100436500

When asked whether Flacco should be the highest paid quarterback in the NFL, Linta simply said: "YES."

That would mean more than the $18 million Denver paid Peyton Manning this season, or the $20 million a year that Drew Brees is averaging in New Orleans.

He's younger than both. He's won as much as they have. And Flacco is just heading into the peak of his career.

"When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player's body of work presently," Linta said. "And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

"Joe wins on both accounts."
    sadly hes absolutely right, and its a very strong argument for him. Im just hoping they agree on contract thats a little less but more guaranteed or some other way to move numbers around to make it work. The FO out of all of this took a gamble not to raise their offer and go earn it, knowing full well if he did "earn" it, theyd be alright with paying it. Well now thats where we are and i dont think theyll take that back since he delivered a lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We have NO CHOICE, we can't use the TAG because it will east up 20 million for 2013, no way can we afford that.
    where is that number coming from? QB should be 14.642.

franchise tag numbers tentatively set 2013
    Last edited by JAB1985; 02-06-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    where is that number coming from? QB should be 14.642.

franchise tag numbers tentatively set 2013
    (link is broken)

I think the $14.6 million is for the 2-first round picks and right to match...which if the Ravens tagged him with that, I suspect at least 1 team would offer it up (the Browns, for instance).

I believe the $20 million is for the exclusive rights (no other team can offer him a deal or the Ravens draft picks).

But I could be completely wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    (link is broken)

I think the $14.6 million is for the 2-first round picks and right to match...which if the Ravens tagged him with that, I suspect at least 1 team would offer it up (the Browns, for instance).

I believe the $20 million is for the exclusive rights (no other team can offer him a deal or the Ravens draft picks).

No, you got it.

Back in November, I would have expected them to use the Non-exclusive Tag for $14.6M.

Now, they're going to have to use the Exclusive Tag (unless they get a deal done sooner).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

(link is broken)

You are correct.

If the Ravens use the "exclusive" tag, Flacco's tender will be worth the average of the Top 5 cap numbers (minus workout bonuses) of quarterbacks in the NFL at the end of the restricted free agent signing period, which ends in mid-April. As Florio correctly calculated, the "exclusive" tag is currently scheduled to be worth $20.464 million, which is the average of the cap numbers of Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger.

Blog Entries

(link is broken)

I guess I thought thats what the "transition" tag was and franchise was exclusive rights. Id like to see that if anybody has a link.
    -JAB