Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

...when the Ravens hand the 49ers a loss:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...er-bowl-xlvii/

Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

Man, that computer sure doesn't like us haha.

Blog Entries

I wonder which team that computer picked to win the Ravens-Broncos and Ravens-Patriots games. Thankfully, football games are not played on paper.

Well, that damn camel knows whats up.

I browsed the site but couldn't find any references to past picks. Football Outsiders is my preferred statistical analysis site and they've been wrong about the Ravens the last two games (though they're quite honest about the random nature of games). I find a site that lets you Buy Picks but doesn't have any past performance stats listed on its home page to be kinda questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    I browsed the site but couldn't find any references to past picks. Football Outsiders is my preferred statistical analysis site and they've been wrong about the Ravens the last two games (though they're quite honest about the random nature of games). I find a site that lets you Buy Picks but doesn't have any past performance stats listed on its home page to be kinda questionable.
    Can't argue with that at all - came across the link from another source and it seemed like it was worth a quick post here. Watcha want to bet this machine originated in Silicon Valley?!?
    Last edited by working_man; 01-28-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: broken link

Blog Entries

Simulations are excellent ways to predict outcomes...if the underlying mathematical model is valid & includes all relevant variables & good & sufficient prior data for all variables exists.

In my professional opinion as an applied mathematician-sadistitician ;) of long vintage, this one is 0 for 3.

IOW you might as well trust the fucking camel.

Speaking of which--
    The Inspecteur-Generale for the Foreign Legion flew in one day to the remotest outpost of the Legion Etrangere, hundreds of kilometres beyond Timbuctoo in the deepest part of the Sahara & many kilometres from the nearest town of any size.

At each barracks l'Inspecteur was met by an immaculately turned out sergeant of the Legion, who saluted & ushered him inside. And each barracks was itself spotless and in perfect order...until the last, which was itself spotless and in perfect order--except for the female camel tethered to one of the beds.

"Sergeant!"

"Oui, mon Generale!"

"What is zis animal doing in ze barracks?"

"Mon Generale, sometimes ze men, zey have ze sexual feelings, and we are many kilometres from ze nearest town--"

"Silence! You will have zis animal removed tout de suite!"

"Oui, mon generale!" & the sergeant saluted.

In the middle of the night, l'Inspecteur-General awoke in his bed in the BOQ to find himself emburdened with a distressingly irrepressible and urgent erection. And it was many kilometres to the nearest town-- Then he was struck with an inspiration, and placed a quick call to the last barracks.

"Sergeant! Have you removed zat animal from ze barracks?"

"Non, mon Generale, but first zing in ze morning--"

"Cancel ze order & bring ze camel to my quarters tout de suite!"

"Oui, mon Generale!"

L'Inspecteur-Generale had the sergeant bring the came directly into his room, & as the sergeant stood at attention holding the bridle of the beast, threw aside his nightclothes, climbed onto a stool and proceeded to...

...As he climbed down & buttoned up, l'Inspecteur-Generale turned to the sergeant, whose face was red as the setting sun, & said, "Alors, Sergeant, it has been many years since I was a foot-soldat, but I know how the men use the camel, n'est-ce pas?"

The sergeant turned an even deeper red & said in a small voice, "Actuellement, Mon Generale, the men ride her into town..."

Blog Entries
    Send the plane back to Baltimore. No reason to play lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Send the plane back to Baltimore. No reason to play lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL.

The Madden NFL 2013 simulation has the Ravens winning 27-24. Its correctly predicted 7 of the last 9 SB winners. We'll see which one is right this go around.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The Madden NFL 2013 simulation has the Ravens winning 27-24. Its correctly predicted 7 of the last 9 SB winners. We'll see which one is right this go around.
    Yeah, I just finished reading that piece.
    Pretty good actually.

Guess they'll have to keep the plane there just in case our team decides they want to give it the Ol' college try anyway.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Being the underdog fits this team well. I'm so happy to hear that the virtual world thinks so too.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis