Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT - Funny Article on the AFCCG and NFCCG (Busts Matt Ryan & Brady)

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    So you really think this guy was "Hmm, what should I do today? I'll lie and talk trash about that jerk Joe Flacco?". Really?

I also don't think this playoff run invalidates the argument that Flacco is basically an average QB with some extra nice traits. See Mark Rypien and Brad Johnson. (http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-o...here-were-two/)
    After reading your first sentence, you have quite an imagination. Setting certain records in his first five years validates what most already know. He will get better if his receivers and Oline stay a while. Cams gone,he was holding Joe back and Caldwell is teaching him new tricks(maybe the same ones that helped Peyton). Time will tell and what will the know-all say then? I'll wait and see, but for now, Flacco has broke records of already crowned "Elite Qbs". Did I mention he has only played for five years? I'll take wins over stats, the football season is longer for the Ravens that way.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 01-30-2013 at 11:48 PM.

And I forgot to mention...Before the playoffs started, I listened to a podcast Barnwell did with Bill Simmons. Barnwell said the Ravens-Colts game was interesting because it featured "The two worst teams in the playoffs." Yes, he actually said that.

An average quarterback doesn't beat Hall-of-Famers in consecutive weeks in their houses. I mean, geezus, how can they shit on Tony Romo for having good stats but being a choker, then at the same time shit on Flacco for having average stats but being the clutchest guy in the league?

Very typical talking-head kind of nonsense.

<yawn>

Seriously - why even read those sites? They never have anything worthwhile.

What is grantland? Are they an officially sanctioned NFL news source, or just more talkshow fodder? What are the credentials of any of their writers, other than having a history of being able to make stuff up that the average sports fan cant tell from complete lies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    He was being sarcastic. Barnwell thinks Matt Ryan is the second coming and has said Joe Flacco is average at best for his entire career. He described Flacco's play against the Colts as "decent" when he threw for 23.5 yards per completion (it was the only mention of Flacco's performance that game in the whole article). The guy is always wrong and will never admit when he's wrong (ala Skip Bayless). If Flacco struggles in the SB, he will write an article talking about how bad he is while completely ignoring his performance to this point. Barnwell is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1tz View Post
    If anyone is suggesting Barnwell has anything positive to say about Joe, they obviously haven't followed him long enough.

Trust me. He has his favorites, and Flacco is the last person he would give props
    Just in case you think Barnwell has eased up on Flacco:

"1. Contracts matter. Joe Flacco is probably a better quarterback than Andy Dalton, but Flacco is in the middle of a franchise-killing, six-year, $120 million deal"
    http://grantland.com/features/2014-n...t-1-50-assets/

Barnwell simply doesn't like Flacco. Of course, Barnwell is also a Patriots homer.

But the funny part is Barnwell wrote that "Myth of Joe Flacco" article in Sept 2012...and then that same season Flacco proceeds to storm through the playoffs with an absurd 11:0 TD:INT ratio, winning SB MVP. Oh...and beat Barnwell's Patriots in the process. Barnwell probably hates Flacco even more now since he left him with egg on his face after that "Myth" article.

I wonder if Barnwell even knows that of the recent big time QB contracts, Flacco has the second lowest guaranteed money at only 24%.

Cutler has 30%, Romo 37%, Ryan 40.5%, Rodgers 49.1%, etc.
    Last edited by bt12483; 07-21-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Doesn't like Flacco is putting it mildly. Barnwell bashes Joe every chance he can get. Now it's all about Joe's contract. Before the Super Bowl it was about his stats. It's always something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Doesn't like Flacco is putting it mildly. Barnwell bashes Joe every chance he can get. Now it's all about Joe's contract. Before the Super Bowl it was about his stats. It's always something
    Yup. His bias is hilarious. Must be bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Agreed.

He truly is biased against Joe and always has been.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

He truly is biased against Joe and always has been.
    Ah so this time we aren't making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ah so this time I am not making it up and overreacting to the 100th degree.
    Fixed it ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Fixed it ....

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I wonder if Barnwell even knows that of the recent big time QB contracts, Flacco has the second lowest guaranteed money at only 24%.

Cutler has 30%, Romo 37%, Ryan 40.5%, Rodgers 49.1%, etc.

I don't know what Barnwell knows about recent big time QB contracts, but I do know that your numbers are off.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap