Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 44
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,159
    Blog Entries
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Dumbfounded by the talking heads who would straight up pick Kaepernick (9 games starting experience) Vs. Flacco (5 year proven Vet).

    To each his own, I guess.
    Flacco has more playoff wins then kaepernick has starts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  2. #26

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    You mean the tough defense that gave up 21 points in the 1st quarter against Atlanta?

    Kaepernick rallied his team back from a 21 point lead to win. In the NFC championship. That's something hard to do if you're Joe Montana, let alone playing your 9th career game
    That is what I was going to say. SF may have a great defense, but they are in the SB this year because the QB played great when the defense did not.

    The mobile QB is here to stay. It is not exactly new, as long as I have been watching, there has always been at least one guy playing QB that is a huge threat to scramble. There are a lot more guys now that can throw as well as they run, and it limits your options on defense at the very least.

    I doubt the "running QB" ever out numbers the traditional pocket passer in the NFL. Most of the guys that have come along that throw great, have not run so great, and most of the great running QBs have been so- so at the passing game.







  3. #27

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Dumbfounded by the talking heads who would straight up pick Kaepernick (9 games starting experience) Vs. Flacco (5 year proven Vet).

    To each his own, I guess.
    Some of them have been hating on Joe so long they just can not stop now. SOme of the espn guys like Chris Carter and Tim Hasselback sounded ridiculous trying to justify some of the jokes they had just a few weeks ago.

    For some reason Joe has always been thought of as a low end starter that owes all his success to the defense or someone else. Every other stinking QB I have ever heard of was judged more heavily on wins and losses, playoff success and stats were looked at as the worst way to judge a QB. Now everyone wants to talk completion percentage with Joe and ignore the fact that he won more games than any QB has in the history of the entire stinking NFL since he got there, most road playoff wins of all time but he is stuck with the inconsistant label, even though there has never been a more consistant winner.







  4. #28

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The mobile QB is here to stay. It is not exactly new, as long as I have been watching, there has always been at least one guy playing QB that is a huge threat to scramble. There are a lot more guys now that can throw as well as they run, and it limits your options on defense at the very least.

    I doubt the "running QB" ever out numbers the traditional pocket passer in the NFL. Most of the guys that have come along that throw great, have not run so great, and most of the great running QBs have been so- so at the passing game.
    The running QB's that last learn how to be passing QB's first. Steve Young was a runnin' fool with Tampa. He was a lot more selective after getting the nod in San Francisco. Randall Cunningham was "the future" of QB's for a time, rushing for over 900 yards in 1990.




  5. #29

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Let us also not forget that he faced two cheesecake defenses the past two weeks. I, for one, believe we are going to make it very tough on him.

    I also love how a ton of analysts are saying the Ravens haven't seen a team this physical all year (we play in the AFCN!!!) and mentioned the "finesse" teams we played in the postseason. Well neither has SF then. They're divisional foes have some physicality to them but I don't think it matches up to AFCN physicality. Not to mention they played the AFCE.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    They did not get one of their dream teams in the Super Bowl, talking about the networks. So, they have to try and be even handed with their praise and criticism. If you are going to talk about the 49ers, Kaepernick is the hot story. Their defense has not been playing up to its capabilities and Frank Gore is an RB for purer football spectators.

    Personally, at this point, I don't mind. I feel more comfortable going into games humble, from a fan perspective.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    If they are crowning this guy Kapernick after 9 starts, count our blessings that Atlanta did not make it, would anyone be able to stand the worshipping of Matt Ryan?




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Totally agree. This "new-age" QB talk is a lot of crap. Running QBs will eventually get hurt in the NFL, it is just a matter of time. The speed of the game in the NFL is so much faster than in college, that gimmick offenses that work in college have a limited shelf life in the NFL.
    I would not be the least bit surprised if the "new-age" QB, as you put it, is here to stay. With the rules in the NFL changing and the focus on injuries and the violence of the sports, it is not out of the realm of possibility that these kind of quarterbacks are going to be more and more protected by rules changes. Guys like RG3, Kaepernick, etc., bring a level of excitement to the game that a lot of fans like. Goodell & Co. can certainly see how that popularity is a good thing and will continue to make adjustments to the rules accordingly. Bernard Pollard is right - the NFL is changing. You might as well get used to it.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I would not be the least bit surprised if the "new-age" QB, as you put it, is here to stay. With the rules in the NFL changing and the focus on injuries and the violence of the sports, it is not out of the realm of possibility that these kind of quarterbacks are going to be more and more protected by rules changes. Guys like RG3, Kaepernick, etc., bring a level of excitement to the game that a lot of fans like. Goodell & Co. can certainly see how that popularity is a good thing and will continue to make adjustments to the rules accordingly. Bernard Pollard is right - the NFL is changing. You might as well get used to it.
    How can the league protect them if they run out of the pocket? If the QB slides, he is protected, but if they are running and trying to gain more yardage, they are going to get hit like any RB gets hit. I agree with you that the NFL will like to have more running QBs to add to the excitement of the game, but it is going to be tough to keep them healthy. Instead of going for head shots, defenders are going to adjust and just take out the knees of runners, which could actually lead to more injuries.




  10. #34

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Who has he played?

    CHI - good D, but went up against Campbell at QB (turnover machine)
    NO - horrible D
    Rams - not very good
    Dolphins - bad team
    Patriots - not a top D, plus that game was a rainy mess I think
    Seahawks - SF got crushed 42-13, great D
    Cards - bad team, good D
    Packers - not a good D
    Atlanta - not a good D

    He has never passed for over 300 yards (his running ability and Gore probably have a lot to do with that though). His arm does look like a cannon though.

    I mainly hate how the media is acting as if he was the sole reason for the success of the 49ers, completely ignoring the fact that their Defense was one of the best in the league (even though they have looked shaky as of late).




  11. #35
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    is the defender allowed to hit the QB after/during him pitching the ball




  12. #36

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Hey Bernard Pollard, if you're reading this, do what you do best. Take Kaeperneck out as soon as he trys to run on us.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland