Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522


    The disrespect angle is going way too far. There have been hours upon hours of talk about the Ravens, and we're still a week away. If that's not enough I don't know what is
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    there are only two teams playing and two QBs. They have to go overboard on each
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    The disrespect angle is going way too far. There have been hours upon hours of talk about the Ravens, and we're still a week away. If that's not enough I don't know what is
    Raven fans likely are the best in the NFL, but they are, without question, the best at grinding axes over nothing.




  4. #19

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    there are only two teams playing and two QBs. They have to go overboard on each
    Part of being the only two teams left




  5. #20

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    You mean the tough defense that gave up 21 points in the 1st quarter against Atlanta?

    Kaepernick rallied his team back from a 21 point lead to win. In the NFC championship. That's something hard to do if you're Joe Montana, let alone playing your 9th career game
    Falcons can't close. We know that, as Saints play them twice a year. The best game they ever played was against us.

    If the Falcons weren't unlucky on that WR slip that led to and INT, and Ryan didn't follow it up with a fumble Atlanta would have won the game......turning the ball over twice late in the game in a row isn't going to get you too many wins- and the Falcons still had a chance.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  6. #21

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Falcons can't close. We know that, as Saints play them twice a year. The best game they ever played was against us.

    If the Falcons weren't unlucky on that WR slip that led to and INT, and Ryan didn't follow it up with a fumble Atlanta would have won the game......turning the ball over twice late in the game in a row isn't going to get you too many wins- and the Falcons still had a chance.
    Matty ice melted.... he missed the wide open receiver in the end zone at the end of the game.

    Just sayin




  7. #22

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Kaep is good but he only has 9 or 10 starts in his career. Force him to make decision and hold the edge then well see what they are saying about him.




  8. #23

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Raven fans likely are the best in the NFL, but they are, without question, the best at grinding axes over nothing.
    I know what you're saying, and some people do get bent out of shape over the littlest things, but there is a reason most of us are sensitive. Whether it stems from the Browns move, Ray Lewis in general or our perceived "bad boy" persona, the Ravens have always been the team that the media loves to hate.

    Our accomplishments are always diminished and our failures are always overblown at a disproportionate rate. We have a paranoia about us, but it is not without justification.




  9. Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Dumbfounded by the talking heads who would straight up pick Kaepernick (9 games starting experience) Vs. Flacco (5 year proven Vet).

    To each his own, I guess.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Dumbfounded by the talking heads who would straight up pick Kaepernick (9 games starting experience) Vs. Flacco (5 year proven Vet).

    To each his own, I guess.
    Flacco has more playoff wins then kaepernick has starts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  11. #26

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    You mean the tough defense that gave up 21 points in the 1st quarter against Atlanta?

    Kaepernick rallied his team back from a 21 point lead to win. In the NFC championship. That's something hard to do if you're Joe Montana, let alone playing your 9th career game
    That is what I was going to say. SF may have a great defense, but they are in the SB this year because the QB played great when the defense did not.

    The mobile QB is here to stay. It is not exactly new, as long as I have been watching, there has always been at least one guy playing QB that is a huge threat to scramble. There are a lot more guys now that can throw as well as they run, and it limits your options on defense at the very least.

    I doubt the "running QB" ever out numbers the traditional pocket passer in the NFL. Most of the guys that have come along that throw great, have not run so great, and most of the great running QBs have been so- so at the passing game.







  12. #27

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Dumbfounded by the talking heads who would straight up pick Kaepernick (9 games starting experience) Vs. Flacco (5 year proven Vet).

    To each his own, I guess.
    Some of them have been hating on Joe so long they just can not stop now. SOme of the espn guys like Chris Carter and Tim Hasselback sounded ridiculous trying to justify some of the jokes they had just a few weeks ago.

    For some reason Joe has always been thought of as a low end starter that owes all his success to the defense or someone else. Every other stinking QB I have ever heard of was judged more heavily on wins and losses, playoff success and stats were looked at as the worst way to judge a QB. Now everyone wants to talk completion percentage with Joe and ignore the fact that he won more games than any QB has in the history of the entire stinking NFL since he got there, most road playoff wins of all time but he is stuck with the inconsistant label, even though there has never been a more consistant winner.







  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The mobile QB is here to stay. It is not exactly new, as long as I have been watching, there has always been at least one guy playing QB that is a huge threat to scramble. There are a lot more guys now that can throw as well as they run, and it limits your options on defense at the very least.

    I doubt the "running QB" ever out numbers the traditional pocket passer in the NFL. Most of the guys that have come along that throw great, have not run so great, and most of the great running QBs have been so- so at the passing game.
    The running QB's that last learn how to be passing QB's first. Steve Young was a runnin' fool with Tampa. He was a lot more selective after getting the nod in San Francisco. Randall Cunningham was "the future" of QB's for a time, rushing for over 900 yards in 1990.




  14. #29

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    Let us also not forget that he faced two cheesecake defenses the past two weeks. I, for one, believe we are going to make it very tough on him.

    I also love how a ton of analysts are saying the Ravens haven't seen a team this physical all year (we play in the AFCN!!!) and mentioned the "finesse" teams we played in the postseason. Well neither has SF then. They're divisional foes have some physicality to them but I don't think it matches up to AFCN physicality. Not to mention they played the AFCE.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

    They did not get one of their dream teams in the Super Bowl, talking about the networks. So, they have to try and be even handed with their praise and criticism. If you are going to talk about the 49ers, Kaepernick is the hot story. Their defense has not been playing up to its capabilities and Frank Gore is an RB for purer football spectators.

    Personally, at this point, I don't mind. I feel more comfortable going into games humble, from a fan perspective.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland