Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

Let's not forget that Jim H and that SF Def also made Alex Smith look halfway decent instead of the bust that he was for the first 5 or so seasons of his career.

I just think they are crowning this kid way too early...Alex Smith was winning ball games too.

Is Kaep more dynamic? No doubt. But he also has a rockstar defense helping him out, and whatever offensive scheme (slightly tweaked now) that they use that made Alex Smith not look like the bust he was prior to Harbaugh.

I wonder if it had been Brady or Manning in the SB instead of Flacco, would they (the media and so-called "experts") still behave as if Kaepernick is the 2nd coming of Johnny U. I don't think so.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I'll wait to see how the Ravens defense does. I will say that the pistol o is so successfull, why hasn't Nevada won the BCS championship. Cam Newton ran around last year and did well. This year, he didn't do so well. THe pistol o will be decifered and all defenses will have an answer for it. Remember the wildcat o. yea, it didnt do much did it. Vick, rgd2, and newton paid the price this year for being a running QB. If this SB turns out like I think it will, anyone picking the 9ers will be disappointed. Be interesting to see who has the balls to man up and say something positive about the winning team. GO Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I'll wait to see how the Ravens defense does. I will say that the pistol o is so successfull, why hasn't Nevada won the BCS championship. Cam Newton ran around last year and did well. This year, he didn't do so well. THe pistol o will be decifered and all defenses will have an answer for it. Remember the wildcat o. yea, it didnt do much did it. Vick, rgd2, and newton paid the price this year for being a running QB. If this SB turns out like I think it will, anyone picking the 9ers will be disappointed. Be interesting to see who has the balls to man up and say something positive about the winning team. GO Ravens!
    Yes because throwing 50/50 deep balls vertically down the field while having crazed men holding defenders from getting to the passer is totally legit.

Kaepernick is playing more honest football than some of the big arm pocket passers. It's not a gimmick to force a defense to actually read the situation. Why do people think that? It's not fair right?

5. Re: Kaeperneck.....really?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Falcons can't close. We know that, as Saints play them twice a year. The best game they ever played was against us.

If the Falcons weren't unlucky on that WR slip that led to and INT, and Ryan didn't follow it up with a fumble Atlanta would have won the game......turning the ball over twice late in the game in a row isn't going to get you too many wins- and the Falcons still had a chance.
    Matty Ice should be named: Matty Choke

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    How can the league protect them if they run out of the pocket? If the QB slides, he is protected, but if they are running and trying to gain more yardage, they are going to get hit like any RB gets hit. I agree with you that the NFL will like to have more running QBs to add to the excitement of the game, but it is going to be tough to keep them healthy. Instead of going for head shots, defenders are going to adjust and just take out the knees of runners, which could actually lead to more injuries.
    I think the league is going to continue to change the rules towards protection to the point that it won't be so risky for these guys to run more. As big and fast as some of them are now, they are turning into throwing running backs. The casual fan likes it, and the league will change rules to protect that.

Agreed. I think the league will look next at making it illegal to take out the knees of a runner.

NFL Network just pissed because Ray signed with ESPN. Screw them!