Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Monachino could be leaving to be DC

lol i know it's a business, but can teams stay the fuck away from the ravens coaching staff for one goddamn year?!

Blog Entries

This is the cost for having a good team. You hire good people, groom them well, people want to copy your success.

Frankly, I'm shocked the Bengals coordinators are still there after the flurry of hires this year. Zimmer and Jay Gruden are seriously about to be head coaches at any moment.

The "next man up" would be Don Martindale I think. Teryl Austin's name was mentioned for a few team's DC job, but he never got an interview I think. A lot of people wonder why Clarence Brooks is never tabbed, but he could truly be one of those guys who doesn't want a coordinator job.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Keep in mind, Ravens could turn them down. But, that's not our style.
    I know the Ravens can turn them down as long as the season continues--i.e., until next Monday. But can they really turn them down afterwards? And can they prevent them from leaving if it's for a higher position? I thought not in both cases--that a team's right to refuse only applies to lateral moves (e.g., OC to OC).

Blog Entries

I believe the current rule is that, except for HC openings, teams can deny assistants moving into other opportunities.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    lol i know it's a business, but can teams stay the fuck away from the ravens coaching staff for one goddamn year?!
    Why should a coach not get the opportunity to try and get a promotion?

This is the cost for having a good team. You hire good people, groom them well, people want to copy your success.

Frankly, I'm shocked the Bengals coordinators are still there after the flurry of hires this year. Zimmer and Jay Gruden are seriously about to be head coaches at any moment.

The "next man up" would be Don Martindale I think. Teryl Austin's name was mentioned for a few team's DC job, but he never got an interview I think. A lot of people wonder why Clarence Brooks is never tabbed, but he could truly be one of those guys who doesn't want a coordinator job.
    It's a joke that Zimmer has not had any legit opportunities...he's barely getting interviews.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's a joke that Zimmer has not had any legit opportunities...he's barely getting interviews.
    I agree 100000%, I don't get it.

Blog Entries

was going to say something about the coordinators in Cinci; you'd think they would be getting lots of opportunities but the clock keeps ticking

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It's weird. I also don't understand why there wasn't more interest in Lovie Smith.

I believe the current rule is that, except for HC openings, teams can deny assistants moving into other opportunities.
    That is correct. Most teams will most certainly deny a lateral move and can - if they so choose - deny the opportunity for a promotion to a guy like Monachino. The Ravens have rarely done so, but they did deny Rex Ryan in 2004ish, when they had already lost Donnie Henderson (to become Jets DC).

Don't know how accurate the report is, but I remember seeing something recently that said that Zimmer was a horrible interviewee. Again, don't know how much truth there is to that, but, if so, that could, at least somewhat, explain it.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    The feeling of many Ravens fans.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The feeling of many Ravens fans.
    GOTA called me out on it earlier. I know it's a selfish feeling, but it's like we can't have one year without everyone coming around and poaching our guys. I'd love for us to actually have a stable freaking staff for one year without constantly having to replace people. :( I hate the NFL