Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Monachino could be leaving to be DC

Saw this on PFT, but BR.com had a mention of it this morning as well.

Ted Monachino is reportedly being considered for the Philly DC job under Chip Kelly.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...Bowl_week.html

When Pees was hired, he was my dark horse candidate to get the job, LOVED hearing his insight from SoundFX on the 49ers game last year. Knew it was only a matter of time before he ascended the ranks. I suppose the "good news" here is that Dean Pees recently said he doesn't have interest in being a HC ever, so unless his schemes peter out, we don't have to worry about the DC spot getting poached for a bit.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Monachino could be leaving to be DC

Dislike...big time.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I actually wanted him as DC here over Pees....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I suppose the "good news" here is that Dean Pees recently said he doesn't have interest in being a HC ever, so unless his schemes peter out, we don't have to worry about the DC spot getting poached for a bit.
    I have really warmed to Pees! He has shown impressive adjustment to his player personnel, and the Defense as a whole has really picked it up since the break, imho, and is a huge reason why the Ravens are where they are at right now. So, kudos, Dean, hope you are with us for a while to come.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

iggyman555 Guest

does pees have super bowl coaching experience ?

Blog Entries

I was on board with the Pees hire, simply because he's a very experienced coach and generally does a good job. Might not be an "Exciting" name, but you don't hear people talking bad about him.

Monachino is a good coach, but the PFT article points out, he's not experienced as a DC. Ravens could've made him DC last year, but when you are smack in the middle of a run, turning over the keys to someone who's never done it before...is a risky move.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    does pees have super bowl coaching experience ?
    Well, he was DC in NE from 2006-2009, LB for 2004 and 2005. So he was a coach during the XXXIX Super Bowl and was on the losing side as a DC in 2007.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, he was DC in NE from 2006-2009, LB for 2004 and 2005. So he was a coach during the XXXIX Super Bowl and was on the losing side as a DC in 2007.
    i like how our OC and DC have super bowl experience, doesnt mean we will win but it helps!

Good move for Monachino if it happens. He's a veteran coach who Suggs obviously loves.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I actually wanted him as DC here over Pees....
    Me too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I heard Chip Kelly say that he was in no rush to hire a DC. In my mind that meant he was looking at someone on either the Ravens or 49ers. This makes sense

Blog Entries

Donatell, the DB coach for the 49ers has been in the mix for awhile. Monachino has been rumored now, but apparently they have NOT asked permission to interview him.

Keep in mind, Ravens could turn them down. But, that's not our style.