Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: PREDICTIONS: Super Bowl - 49ers vs. Ravens, score, MVP, and explain...

My only fear is, and with all due respect to the great effort the last 6 or so games, is if Pees can handle everything that's predicted to come his way. This board didn't call him the reincarnation of Pops Mattison for nothing early in the year, and the lack of pressure on Vick and Cousins turned possible W's into L's. (McCrary was all over his soft approach to Vick) Even in the playoffs, Luck, Manning, and Brady still racked up some big yards.

If Pees brings the Ravens swagger and dictates the plays, 31-17 Ravens. If Pees calls bend, don't break, reactionary D. SF wins 24-17.

One fans humble opinion!

I predict the winning coach will be Harbaugh! Ravens--21 49ers--17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    My only fear is, and with all due respect to the great effort the last 6 or so games, is if Pees can handle everything that's predicted to come his way. This board didn't call him the reincarnation of Pops Mattison for nothing early in the year, and the lack of pressure on Vick and Cousins turned possible W's into L's. (McCrary was all over his soft approach to Vick) Even in the playoffs, Luck, Manning, and Brady still racked up some big yards.

If Pees brings the Ravens swagger and dictates the plays, 31-17 Ravens. If Pees calls bend, don't break, reactionary D. SF wins 24-17.

One fans humble opinion!
    Bend but don't break is probably the best possible strategy against an offense like this. You can't just end blitzes after blitzes against CK, he will make you pay.

Blog Entries

I was watching the Thanksgiving game from last season. I noticed that in the first half Cam was ultra conservative. They ran a lot of 21 personnel and usually went run-run-pass. They ended up in 3rd in long a lot and Flacco couldn't really get in a rhythm. In the second half they went 11 personnel out of the shotgun and passed more on first down which was effective. Flacco seemed to move the ball with ease on a drive which ended up being the game sealing TD to Pitta. I expect to see a lot of 11 personnel with an up tempo no huddle offense against the 49ers Sunday. Caldwell has to get Flacco in a rhythm early. I've had enough of the lineup in I formation and pound Rice on 1st and 2nd down. We are a passing team. Spread em out and let Flacco do his thing.

OMG I'm so tired of everyone saying the 49ers have more talent. So wrong.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say we're a passing team, I would like to think we're a balanced team. You can't really open up aggresive against defenses like SF, you have to grind it out for the first half, then when the times right, get aggressive with the no huddle, SF will start selling out to the run eventually. That's been the formula for us in this run, and its worked to perfection so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't say we're a passing team, I would like to think we're a balanced team. You can't really open up aggresive against defenses like SF, you have to grind it out for the first half, then when the times right, get aggressive with the no huddle, SF will start selling out to the run eventually. That's been the formula for us in this run, and its worked to perfection so far.
    You can still run out of a 1 back set and no huddle. I'm not saying to abandon the run or run the no huddle 100% of the time. Just to mix it up.

NE had a lot of success against SF when they ran a no huddle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You can still run out of a 1 back set and no huddle. I'm not saying to abandon the run or run the no huddle 100% of the time. Just to mix it up.

NE had a lot of success against SF when they ran a no huddle.
    Good point, maybe we should exclusively run the no huddle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Good point, maybe we should exclusively run the no huddle.
    Check out this interview with Cosell http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...se-got-tired/l.

Q: Should the 49ers consider themselves lucky they beat the Patriots? There were so many fumbles they got back.

COSELL: They won the game, but you know what struck me? The second half the Patriots went to their speed no-huddle and the Niners’s defense got tired and they couldn’t rush the quarterback – it was really interesting watching it on film. It was really interesting for that long stretch there to see the 49ers on their heels, little pass rush, having to play some players that they probably didn’t want out there for that many snaps because they needed to get some guys some rest. It was really interesting.

But who else is going to do that? Seattle? I don’t know. They haven’t really done it this year.

Q: How much of the lack of pressure had to do with fatigue, and how much had to do with the absence of Justin Smith?

COSELL: Probably both. And then it’s funny, because all of a sudden late in the game after they were worn out, they had back-to-back sacks – the incredible one by McDonald, and then the great one by Ricky Jean where he just beat Solder. But for a long stretch, they got no pressure on Brady at all.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 02-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Also, some more stuff from Cosell talking about the Ravens offense against NE.

They did a great job when they went to their no huddle out of 11 personnel with three wide receivers. They did pretty much go up and down the field. I thought the Patriots were very basic and very vanilla on defense. A lot of that was pitch-and-catch for Flacco. It will be interesting to see what the 49ers do. The 49ers have good players, but their coverage concepts are not necessarily that complicated. With two weeks to prepare, every team has a few new wrinkles, and I’ll be interested to see how the 49ers choose to play coverage.

The Ravens have had more success running the ball out of three wide receivers and one back than out of two backs. They’ve had far more success running when they get the opponent in Nickel. I think that’s the way they’ll stay. They’re predominantly a zone running team. They run a ton of weak-side zone. The Niners will know that, because that’s what film study is. That’s ultimately how they try to run the football. The interesting thing against the Patriots, beginning in the second half the Ravens had five consecutive possessions in which they lined up with three wide and went predominantly no huddle. They up-tempoed the game. You’ve got to be prepared for that when you play the Ravens.

Q: Is Joe Flacco underrated?

COSELL: I think he’s a much better passer than he’s given credit for. He’s an elite passer. He’s an elite arm talent. Prior to Kaepernick, I firmly believed that Flacco had the strongest arm in the NFL, and arm strength is not throwing the ball 90 yards. Arm strength is driving intermediate throws with ease at 22, 25 yards between defenders. Flacco is a master at that. Those are not easy throws because they’re really 40-yard throws when you count the drop. He’s effortless with those throws. He almost doesn’t need to step into those throws. He’s a great deep ball thrower, playing in a offense that’s very hard to complete a high percentage because they drive the ball down the field very often. There are very few easy completions in that offense. And his receivers, quite frankly, struggle winning against man coverage. So he’s making very difficult throws to covered receivers.

Blog Entries

I guarantee that no matter what happens Caldwell is going to make some half time adjustments.

We're going to see a close and low scoring 1st half. The points will ratchet up in the 3rd quarter and a big turnover will be the difference in the 4th.

Ravens 27
    49ers 20

Joe Flacco throws 2 TDs and is crowned MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post

One fans humble opinion!
    Agreed.

The Niners are not the team you want to give a ton of offensive possessions or a lot of time on the field.

They've shown all season they will wear you down if given enough chances. The key is stopping the running game.

And I agree with your score analysis 100%