Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone watching the 49ers arrival in Nawlins on NFL Network?

Jim and Colin are very tight-lipped and reserved. Giving the media and Ravens nothing to hang on. Same with Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

Heath Evans and Jamie Sharper (correction: Darren) are fairly respectful toward the Ravens too.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack; 01-27-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone watching the 49ers arrival in Nawlins on NFL Network?

You expect anything different?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

No, just wanted to see who was tuning in. Pro Bowl is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Jim and Colin are very tight-lipped and reserved. Giving the media and Ravens nothing to hang on. Same with Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.
    The smarter teams will do that. Not that it would take an exceptionally ingenious team to see that the Ravens have been underdogs virtually this entire playoffs and that they feed off it.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Heath Evans and Jamie Sharper (correction: Darren) are fairly respectful toward the Ravens too.
    And, on that note, certain members of the media are probably tired of being wrong/looking foolish when it comes to the Ravens this postseason.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    And, on that note, certain members of the media are probably tired of being wrong/looking foolish when it comes to the Ravens this postseason.
    Not enough of them. I'm obviously biased, but I'm beyond shocked at how few people out there think we're going to win. I must be delusional, because I thought the Ravens would be easy favorites in this game. I was stunned to see us as easy underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcake View Post
    Not enough of them. I'm obviously biased, but I'm beyond shocked at how few people out there think we're going to win. I must be delusional, because I thought the Ravens would be easy favorites in this game. I was stunned to see us as easy underdogs.
    To be fair, at -4 it's the most credit we've been given all postseason outside the Indy game (which some morons, like Kornheiser from PTI, thought we'd lose, as well).

I think that no matter what team from the NFC made it, the Ravens would have been underdogs, except maybe the Vikings. (Redskins N/A.) Falcons and Packers? Definitely. Seahawks. Probably.

Though honestly I'm glad we're underdogs. Keep giving us no credit. That's when the Ravens prosper.

Here's what Suggs said after the Patriots game:

"We know you all had them picked to win. Unfortunately, the bandwagon is full, and we want you all to come in two weeks and bet against us again."

I hope they lose by 35 Sunday, but I find it hard to hate on the 49ers. Generally speaking, they seem like a class organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I hope they lose by 35 Sunday, but I find it hard to hate on the 49ers. Generally speaking, they seem like a class organization.
    I was born on Super Bowl Sunday in 1982 when Joe Montana won the Super Bowl. Growing up I sort of had a weird connection to the 9ers. I was always a fan of them. At the very least, if by some reason we do lose, I don't mind them winning it. Especially the way they play and their coach, they would have earned it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I was born on Super Bowl Sunday in 1982 when Joe Montana won the Super Bowl. Growing up I sort of had a weird connection to the 9ers. I was always a fan of them. At the very least, if by some reason we do lose, I don't mind them winning it. Especially the way they play and their coach, they would have earned it.
    I like the Niners. I like the way they play and I think they are a quality team with a quality coaching staff. But this Sunday, I have no love for the Niners. They are in our way. Let's win. I can go back to liking the Niners on Monday morning if we hoist the Lombardi Trophy Sunday night.

I was so happy when the Niners beat Atlanta for this very reason. I could live with myself if we lose to the Niners; another Harbaugh, smashmouth football (a little more gimmicky these days with Kaepernick, but still). I won't like it at all, but I can handle it. If we had to play Matty Slushie, with memories of the game we should have won against them barring uncalled OPI, I would want to jump off a cliff if we lost to them.