Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ray Lewis sendup/smackdown on SNL?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I'll have to take your word for the usual quality of SNL, RavensQB.
    I go back to the early years of the show, and think it absolutely sucked for a long enough time that I stopped watching all together.

Now that I think about it, that was around the time I quit smoking dope, too.
    Coincidence???
    No Coincidence. The Belushi/Ackroyd years were great. The Hartman/Carvey years were pretty good too. Most of the rest has been pretty horrible.

The skit was just downright stupid..

The "Ray of Light" Disney cartoon thing they did right after we won the Super Bowl in 2001 was 10 times funnier. I had to dig for it but found it here. Still LMAO. Surprised SNL didn't run a "sequel" but I guess this one was too many years ago to remember.

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/58...s-TV-Funhouse/

I'm in the camp that it was stupid!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I hooe Ray Lewis goes on SNL and does like Mark Walberg did with the "say hi to your mother for me."

Blog Entries

Great stuff especially the national anthem part where he said he never heard it before.

I thought the guy looked like Ed Reed-lol.

When I saw the title of this thread I wasn't gonna even open it. SNL has verbally destroyed
    every institution in America. Everyone laughs until they make fun of them but this was
    done in good taste, I'd say. Not their usual hatchet job like on the Last Supper years
    ago. That was brutal.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-28-2013 at 12:08 AM.

iggyman555 Guest

maybe im alone on this but snl the last 2 years has been getting better, the 10 years prior were horrendous

The last part of that skit got me laughing hard..."acension into heaven from the 50 yard line"...LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The last part of that skit got me laughing hard..."acension into heaven from the 50 yard line"...LOL
    I really liked the skit too, up until the very last line. It's hard to hear, because of the cheering, but the last line that the actor playing Ray says is "I'm gonna kill you". They had to go there. If they had just left the last line out, it would have been a very funny skit.