Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Premature Ring Talk

A lot of folks are asking about who gets rings if we win. That's awfully premature given that we have a big obstacle in our way in the shape of the 49ers.

If you are JJ, Heap or Mason, would you even want a ring for a season you had nothing to do with? It's not a lifetime achievement award. If you contributed to the team's work and success in the season, you may qualify even if you aren't on the 53 man roster.

As to the guys who weren't here this year, I am sure they would not want one from us. And if we don't win the point is entirely moot.

Blog Entries

Re: Premature Ring Talk

Fans on a message board are allowed to look ahead and hope. As long as the team is focused. And considering they refused to be recorded with the Lombardi because they hadn't earned it yet....
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Fans on a message board are allowed to look ahead and hope. As long as the team is focused. And considering they refused to be recorded with the Lombardi because they hadn't earned it yet....
    No doubt. I guess I wonder why any player would want a ring from a team whose season he didn't contribute to. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If you are JJ, Heap or Mason, would you even want a ring for a season you had nothing to do with?
    Who is suggesting they would??

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

And just to keep things in perspective for Indy and Cleve fans, does Jim Brown really want a ring as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    No doubt. I guess I wonder why any player would want a ring from a team whose season he didn't contribute to. ..
    That's true...this whole discussion point came about because it's said that a team can choose to give rings to former players, so people are going through their lists of "favorite former Ravens who never wore a ring"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Concur w/ Hammerhead - it's bad juju.

And just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

BS

8. Re: Premature Ring Talk

I follow a lot of Ravens blogs and groups on Facebook and I have found that many fans who are remaining optimistic, but not calling it a win already. We aren't Yankees or Lakers fans, I feel like we're a little more grounded in reality.

However, I'm sure that there's a lot of people who are calling it a surefire victory, and I can't say I blame them too much, I feel like our bigger challenges have been vanquished already (Denver and NE), but I don't think we should be calling for a parade already. Looks real bad on us, but I'm sure SF fans are doing the same in their own circles.

Blog Entries

No one talking about rings is assuming a victory. We're just talking about the what ifs if we win. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Rings for former players/coaches makes no sense. I don't care who they are. I mean lets give all the band members and psl holders a ring while we are at it. The chick selling nachos at M and T too she gets a ring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Chop Chop View Post
    I follow a lot of Ravens blogs and groups on Facebook and I have found that many fans who are remaining optimistic, but not calling it a win already. We aren't Yankees or Lakers fans, I feel like we're a little more grounded in reality.

However, I'm sure that there's a lot of people who are calling it a surefire victory, and I can't say I blame them too much, I feel like our bigger challenges have been vanquished already (Denver and NE), but I don't think we should be calling for a parade already. Looks real bad on us, but I'm sure SF fans are doing the same in their own circles.
    I don't see a lot of people here calling for a sure W. A lot of us are optimistic but as for
    the ring talk it's mostly what if, not like it's a sure thing.

They're starting a rookie QB with only 10 games experience while Flacco has over 60 wins
    and is finally an elite QB. Lombardi and George Allen are turning over in their graves
    with a rookie starting the SB.

I just keeping thinking about Earl Morrall who won 15 straight games filling in for Unitas that year and then choked in SB 3 but then came back in relief and won SB 5 when Unitas
    went down. Alex Hawkins said the entire team waited for him to choke the entire year and he picked the SB to do it. He had been a journey man QB before taking over for Unitas.

The only way we lose this game is if JOe turns back into a pumpkin like Morrall and I think fans are thinking that.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Rings for former players/coaches makes no sense. I don't care who they are. I mean lets give all the band members and psl holders a ring while we are at it. The chick selling nachos at M and T too she gets a ring.
    agreed, it's not gonna happen

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!