Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Hmmm....got to be just smoke and mirrors or maybe the Ravens already have a more generous offer in place. It's got be more generous than most of think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-super-bowl/

Re: Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Hmmm....got to be just smoke and mirrors or maybe the Ravens already have a more generous offer in place. It's got be more generous than most of think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-super-bowl/
    Actually, that's PFT's headline, but nowhere in there is there a quote from Ozzie saying that.

All Ozzie appears to be saying is that he'll look - and has looked - at everything Joe does (practice, film study, etc) when determining the teams offer.

I see nothing in there that says we're not going to make him a substantial offer or that Ozzie is trying to lessen Flacco's value (as PFT seems to be implying).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Going by Ozzie's comments i can also say that if Flacco plays poorly that it will not change the contract.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Going by Ozzie's comments i can also say that if Flacco plays poorly that it will not change the contract.
    what good can come out of saying that?

some people will look at what he does on Sunday afternoon, but I have an entire body of work to look at,” Newsome said,

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ozzie has repeatedly stated that he and Joe have a "good understanding" about Joe's next contract. It seems to me that some of the parameters have been agreed upon, with the rest of the details needing to be ironed out. If we win next Sunday, I think Joe's price could escalate a tad, which the team might be happy to accomodate. I like how Ozzie says he needs to look at the entire body of work. This is what good teams do.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti will not let JOe leave. He always pays the going rate to whom he wants to like Ray, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, etc and let the guys walk like Hartwell, JJ and probably Kruger this year and Joe will get the going rate win or lose next week which will be $100M with about half guaranteed but he'll out-live the contract to collect all of it. In Ngata's case he even said I'm
    trying to give away $60M-lol. And that was around the general amount he signed for.

Blog Entries

Whatever offer Ozzie is going to make isn't going to be leaked to the press.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Bisciotti will not let JOe leave. He always pays the going rate to whom he wants to like Ray, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, etc and let the guys walk like Hartwell, JJ and probably Kruger this year and Joe will get the going rate win or lose next week which will be $100M with about half guaranteed but he'll out-live the contract to collect all of it. In Ngata's case he even said I'm
    trying to give away $60M-lol. And that was around the general amount he signed for.
    Yep. The Biscuit will pay Joe a lot. It's just a matter of when the deal gets done.

Blog Entries

A funny thing was when Tony interviewed Bisciotti, an excellent article he posted on this site and it's still around here somewhere,
    and Tony asked him who was most important in going to 5 straight POs and Bisciotti said w/o hesitation - Flacco. Tony was so
    shocked it took 5 mins to sink in.

Now Bisciotti didn't earn enough to buy a football team by being dumb but all the agent has to do is wave that clipping in
    their faces next time they meet and say this is what we've been saying. Show us the money and they will have to. But
    there's a general parameter as Billick always said for around the above amount. It won't be more than that and Joe won't dart.

Blog Entries

Really Joe is worth a top 5 contract. I actually had my doubts before and said he should maybe get a little less, but realistically he's worth it. He doesn't have a Roddy White and Julio Jones on the outside. He doesn't have a Megatron. He doesn't have a Brandon Marshall even. He's working with guys who sure we love but on the list overall aren't wowing anyone. Boldin fits us greatly and is FINALLY getting used right, too bad we wasted a couple years of his career, but realistically is plodding on the downward trend of his time. Torrey shows great flashes, but than disappears sometimes when he's the primary focus of a D. Pitta just keeps on trucking on and I think can be that Heap type of player although he's not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Really Joe is worth a top 5 contract.
    I agree, and when Ozzie says he's going to look at Joe's entire body of work, I think that says he gets paid amongst the top 5 over the the past 5 years. The past 2 seasons Joe has been money in the playoffs. This should have been back-to-back SB appearances.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

He should have been to more than that. Remember the drops in Pissburgh couple of years ago and that was after the
    3rd and 19 play with 2 mins left and Joe still brought them back and dumped the ball in Boldin's lap on the goal line and he dropped it but he's making up for it this year and that might be why.

Even in Joe's rookie year he came within 4 mins of SB but that stupid out of bounds hit took him way back when he was nearing mid field with 4 mins left. He came that close w/o any WRs at all as Mason was taken out as usual in the POs. That's why everyone
    said Ozzie would get Joe some weapons in the next draft but he didn't so it was more of the same misses on dropped balls. Oz
    passed on Nicks and Wallace who led their teams to SB before us.

He should have been to 4 SBs in last 5 years and none of the misses are his fault. The only one we would have lost
    was the Green Bay SB. We would have beaten NY last year after beating Houston twice last year including the POs
    which had a better defense.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-25-2013 at 08:59 PM.