Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heroes & Goats (Lamar Hunt Trophy Edition)

don't knw about best evah but Pitta is a worthy successor to Sharpe and Heap.

I always hoped we'd get to the SB wi Heap and Kelly Gregg. at least Reed will make it.

our fans certainly made some noise up there! makes me wonder how the Cheatriot fan base let so many tickets get out of town.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Awesome R52!

I'm gonna include OJ Brigance with the heroes cuz it is through our weaknesses that we are made perfect. And on that note, include the CBS camera crew with the goats for not showing the coin toss. OJ was out there as a captain.

My other heroes are the entire coaching staff. Shutting Brady out in the 2nd half (peas!!!) And cutting Flacco lose in the 2nd (harbs, caldwell!!!) and dropping 21 unanswered on those arrogant bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Awesome R52!

I'm gonna include OJ Brigance with the heroes cuz it is through our weaknesses that we are made perfect. And on that note, include the CBS camera crew with the goats for not showing the coin toss. OJ was out there as a captain.

My other heroes are the entire coaching staff. Shutting Brady out in the 2nd half (peas!!!) And cutting Flacco lose in the 2nd (harbs, caldwell!!!) and dropping 21 unanswered on those arrogant bitches!!!
    Excellent points, especially regarding OJ! Great having him in the locker room afterwards - win this thing for Art, Torrie's Brother, and OJ, as well as Ray, and the other veterans who are soooo deserving!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Honorable Mention to both Caldwell and Pees...

During the game, several of us cursed Pees and said things equating to "walk yourself home"...but in the end, the D stepped up BIG time in the 2nd half. But, that's not what even caused this post. I watched NFL Turning Point that showed how the Patriots used the no-huddle run game against the Texans to literally CARVE THEM UP. Then they showed the no-huddle runs vs the Ravens...all in all, 10 runs for 38 yards. We had them TOTALLY GAMEPLANNED. Their run game was not at all effective, so it forced Tom to beat us with an aerial attack. And we showed that a disciplined approach could force Brady to go flat.

Caldwell (and Harbaugh to some extent) did a great job adjusting the playcalling in the 2nd half and basically let Joe "take over" the offense. He finally started pushing the ball down field and our offense rolled.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I'd like to throw a megaton out to Terrell Suggs for - "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant motherfuckers!"

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Thanks, R52.....always a treat! Maybe after leaving the service you and Dennis Miller can form a comedic tag team, you're that good.
    Glad you enjoyed it, man. Fuck Dennis Miller. He's a Steelers fan!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam
    don't knw about best evah but Pitta is a worthy successor to Sharpe and Heap.
    Never said he was the best ever. Just said he's my favorite ever. And yes, he's definitely a worthy successor to Sharpe and Heap. In Oz we Trust!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk

Agreed. OJ is the MAN! Harbs, Pees, Caldwell and most of all, Ozzie and Bisciotti are one helluva combination! I wouldn't trade any of them in. And just think, we were so horny for Jason Garrett when he was available... WTF were we thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Entertaining as always Ravenous.
    Thanks bro. Didn't mean to forget you. Members of your aviation-leaning brood were always good to me throughout my career. (Especially your women... )