Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Starting to sink in yet? Super Bowl XLVII

the AFC has just been loaded the last few years. I think I read somewhere, last nine years only three teams have won the AFC (Pats four, Sqealers three, Colts two), so we're the first team to break that hold since the Raiders in '02. (don't see them going back any time soon)
    I think we're seeing a changing of the guard in the conference. Colts and Texans might be the big teams in the future; Peyton and Brady are almost done, and Pigsburgh's qb gets more beaten up every year. (I would really like to see him take his rings and go home before he gets seriously, crippled hurt.)
    a lot of mediotti have continuously talked about the Ravens 'old' defense but I think most of that is based on Ray and Ed. Suggs and Ngata are in their primes, and a lot of the rest of the guys are young. same on offense; aside from Birk (and Boldin) it's a young group, just peaking.
    (I'm having a happy thinking about this O next year, Coach Caldwell having another year to prep, going to game wi Flacco, Rice, Pierce, Smith, Pitta, Jacoby...how many NFL teams have that man quality weapons?)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

It just feel soo good to still be talking about Ravens football at the end of January.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Raven's Super Bowl in my hometown., the blimps are starting to appear, parades rolling tonight, caravan up from Bmore in a few days.....it was a dream last year, come reality, and its going to be a blast.
    You are in a great city no doubt to have the Ravens coming to town for the SB!! I lived in Tampa in 2000 and just being part of the "purple crowd" and around the SB festivities was AWESOME!! Other than not being at the game....the entire week being a fan with your team in town is a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    You are in a great city no doubt to have the Ravens coming to town for the SB!! I lived in Tampa in 2000 and just being part of the "purple crowd" and around the SB festivities was AWESOME!! Other than not being at the game....the entire week being a fan with your team in town is a great experience.
    This is a purple city.....its going to look amazing.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    It's still so surreal to me that we're actually in the ultimate dance. It's slowly sinking in and it's one of those moments that you want to really soak up. I did witness SB 35, but I wasn't a fan yet. To be a fan of the team for 8 years now, it's been a journey and to be here, over all the adversity that we faced, it's truly humbling. The magnitude of SB Sunday will be unreal, I cannot wait. It's also surreal in the fact that no matter the outcome, this really IS Ray's last game. It's going to be emotional and electric to say the least, I can't wait for the dance.
    I totally agree. I started watching late in the season when we won the superbowl that year. Been a fan ever since.

Especially when you consider all the adversity this team had to overcome to make it to the SB. I had them dead to rights after the loss to the Redskins, but when they fired Cam the next day, it was a whole new ball game, the Denver loss at home aside.

It's tremendous to see them finally get over the hump after being going on deep play off runs 6 out of the last 7 years. It's incredible!

It hits me in small spurts. Like a few random moments where I just think "Oh my god. We're in the Super Bowl. The fucking Super Bowl!!"

Even if the Biscuit continues to run an awesome organization, Ozzie and Eric continue to be outstanding, and Harbaugh continues to be an excellent coach, there's no guarantee that we'll be back here anytime soon. I'm enjoying it as much as I can.

Blog Entries

I had to temper myself at Dick's...they had all the Ravens stuff lined up, ended up buying an AFC Champions tee, a program, and my son a pennant for his room. Nearly bought the hat, nearly bought a stein for SB47, nearly bought a SB47 jersey. Shout out though, all AFC Championship gear there was 25% off!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Tents selling gear and such are popping up along York road... reminders on SB35!!!!!

Exxxciting!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It's just starting to sink in. I was driving to work today and it hit me. I was like Holy crap, we're in the f%%$#@ing Super Bowl!!
    It's been a weird postseason. Between Ray's last dance home game, the incredible win in Denver, and the firm stomping of the Patriots in their stadium, I feel like the Super Bowl isn't really that important anymore....I'm sure that will change as we get closer to game time.

Part of me feels like even if the Ravens lose, I'm still satisfied. I hope the team has a different view.

But...yes...I saw an ad for the Super Bowl last night and it had Ravens stuff all over it and I think then it finally hit me...

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    This is a purple city.....its going to look amazing.
    Yeah, the Ravens' colors go with Mardi Gras so much better than the 49ers ' colors do.

Qadry just posted this pic ... wooohoo.... after the Rally today I am amped up!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=254839778117

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!