Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a question/suggestion

Being I live in Pittsburgh now I do not have the pleasure of seeing Baltimore painted purple or any pictures of different building etc. So does anyone have photos they are willing to share such as M&T Bank draped in purple or any building in the Baltimore/DC/Eastern shore region.

If not then I thank you for your time.

Blog Entries

Re: Just a question/suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by PittRaven View Post
    Being I live in Pittsburgh now I do not have the pleasure of seeing Baltimore painted purple or any pictures of different building etc. So does anyone have photos they are willing to share such as M&T Bank draped in purple or any building in the Baltimore/DC/Eastern shore region.

If not then I thank you for your time.
    As an out-of-towner living in Colorado, I would love to see some photos or videos of Baltimore in purple as well. And if some of the home-town posters on here would give us some stories that would convey the joy and excitement around the city, that would be great.

I was just in Bmore last weekend and was shocked by the lack of purple around town.

Outside of the Ravens logo painted on Federal Hill and Under Armour changing their sign color purple, I didn't see much at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I was just in Bmore last weekend and was shocked by the lack of purple around town.

Outside of the Ravens logo painted on Federal Hill and Under Armour changing their sign color purple, I didn't see much at all.
    it seems like since the 1st year they lit the city in Purple(2000 season) it has gotten to be less and less buildings lit up each year. Maybe Businesses just dont have the money to convert the lighting. I dont even think they did the airport this year

They painted a huge logo in front of the Circuit Court building. I didn't have my camera on me but if I go back I'll get a shot.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Driving home at night I see at least 5 showings of purple light on public/commercial property.

University of Baltimore has their logo and Poe statue bathed in purple, and the student building across the street has purple lights. There is also a building up the street a little that has purple lights in.

There is another building on the corner on MLK Blvd. by the Maryland Dental facility that has purple lights up.

Obviously M&T.

The clock above Geppi's is purple.

The convention center has purple lights. And the stair-step building across from it too.

And that is just on my route from North Ave/Charles St. area to 95S by Camden Yards.

Blog Entries

I haven't been downtown during the playoffs, but I think you are right...not as much purple as you'd expect. there was a LOT done for the Colts game...but since then, not as much.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Martins West has all of their outside lighting divided half-purple so it gives this cool 'white fading to purple' effect. Great looking if you're on the beltway at night.

Driving south on 95 ytday I saw that the Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen has 2 "this is Ravens Country" signs up on the outside wall.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

The MD State House in Annapolis put purple gels on the lights that illuminate the (normally) white building at night. They often do this once the Ravens get in the playoffs, but they were a little slow this year, and only did it around the AFC Championship game (I think).The only downside is that though it does make the building purple, it drops the luminosity of the light by about 80%, so it's a dim purple. Nevertheless it's cool. I will try to hook a shot on the way home from work tonight.

Here is Ray doing his dance in laser lights on the Marriott Waterfront

http://www.commercialintegrator.com/...ebration_dance

Other Hotels are lit up too as is Baltimore City Hall.

I plan on taking the kids downtown to see the lights either tonight or tomorrow. Does anybody know if they're doing Ray's laser light dance again?

PittRaven: Maybe if you ask the Mods to change the name of the thread to something like "Who has pics of Baltimore lit up in Purple this year?" you might get more responses ;) - just sayin'
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!