Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supersitions

Blog Entries

Re: Supersitions

I've never really had any that worked on an ongoing basis, but since the Broncos game, I've taken my Flacco jersey off, hung it in the same spot, and not touched it until the next game day. Son is doing the same with his Ray Lewis jersey, though we did wash it between the Broncos and Pats game.

Also, I haven't been shaving, so my playoff...you can't really call it a beard, more like a goatee with some cheek patches...anyway, that's going on as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    Wore a Ray Lewis t shirt to the colts game wore it again during the broncos game...didnt wash it...wore it again for the Pats game...didnt wash it...will be wearing it again for the super bowl.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I have a Ray Rice Jersey that every time I wear it, The Ravens lose. For Ray's last game I broke out my Ray Lewis Superbowl Jersey from 2000. I watch the game alone in my bedroom. This is how I will watch the Superbowl.

I sacrifice chickens and drink tequila.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I just realized, I have not worn a jersey on game day since the Philly loss, but I always wear a Ravens T shirt or sweatshirt, but I wear one almost every day anyway. Before this season, I wore a jersey for almost every game.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wore a Ray Lewis t shirt to the colts game wore it again during the broncos game...didnt wash it...wore it again for the Pats game...didnt wash it...will be wearing it again for the super bowl.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Don't wash it, but I feel sorry for the guy who ends up sitting next to you.

iggyman555 Guest

last year had a playoff "beard" and lost to pats, this year playoff "beard" and beat the pats...i really dont know if i should shave it or not b4 the super bowl.?????????

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    last year had a playoff "beard" and lost to pats, this year playoff "beard" and beat the pats...i really dont know if i should shave it or not b4 the super bowl.?????????
    I tried growing the Fu Man Chu last year. It was really just a stache and goatie. I took a pic and had to photoshop the connecting part in.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    I sacrifice chickens and drink tequila.
    LOL, my favorite post so far. Actually, you seem like nice folks but a few of you are now scaring me. I'm way too random, but I've been growing a beard since the playoffs started. It's filling in nicely and stopped itching so I'm not going to shave for a while. Hell if they win I might be rocking ZZ Top style next year, just for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I've been wearing my most comfortable faded Bengals shirt every game. You guys think I should keep wearing it? (3-0 so far)
    You had better!!!!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Shave half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Disclaimer:
    I swear I'm not crazy

Anywho. I wear the same outfit every week (at least of the playoffs) Black long sleeved shirt, Black Ray Lewis, same jeans, same lucky purple panties/black bra, and purple and black fuzzy socks (brown uggs)

I watch the first half from the same spot on the couch. I alternate wearing my Poe winter hat between possessions. (When I'm not wearing it, it sits on my right knee facing the tv.. I'm sitting on my left leg)

I routinely make sure my necklace my son gave me for xmas is correct and straight.

During the second half I stand in the hall way under the mistletoe I refuse to take down. During that time before every offensive possession, I make sure the beak of Poe "kisses" the mistletoe. In between every play I walk to the kitchen sink and wash a dish/clean off the sink.

In the second half, during the defensive stands, I still kiss the mistletoe, but rock left to right side until the play is over..

(still pacing between plays)

No one is able to speak in the 4th quarter, no matter what happens..

And every potty break, I look at the mirror, and say "No weapon" 3xs straight before I leave (and I'm an atheist)

(And my panties must "ride" up the left side the whole game. I swear it's lucky, don't knock it!)

It's weirder than that, really, but that's all I'm gonna publicly admit.

I'm thinking that for those of us NOT going to NOLA, a party at Jess' house could be almost as interesting. Just sayin'
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"