Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supersitions

Supersitions

Like the beer commerical I have some supersitions:

• The day of the game I have to go buy the kids a double chocolate donut at Dunkin Donuts.
    • I have to make a donation to my favorite charity and also drop off some old clothes in the St Vincent de Paul drop box.
    • For diner I am eating the same thing Costco bought Phillips crab cakes with garlic green beans.
    • I wear my Ravens hat I wore in 2001.
    • I wear my lucky socks.
    • I wear my Baltimore Bail bonds t-shirt (which I got the day Joe Flacco played his first game and over that I wear the a black Ray Lewis Ravens jersey.

Not changing anything now....

Blog Entries

Re: Supersitions

Me and my gf have to eat Japanese food from a certain place. We went there before the Broncos and Patriots game. Then, I wear my Ravens sweat pants the night before the game. Also, I wear my white Flacco jersey on Friday and on game day. Hey it's not weird if it works. lmao

I myself have been wearing the same purple women's Ravens short-sleeve thing I found at the thrift store about three months ago (or rather, some toothless homeless guy found it and brought it over to me because he thought I would like it ... weird or what? He's the Ghost of Ravens Playoff Wins.) I wore this thing to the home game against the Colts. Then I wore it sitting in front of the TV for Broncos and Pats. Obviously, I'll be wearing it for the Super Bowl.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries
    I wear the same clothes every game, not stopping now. Have to touch the three Ravens on my TV and slap the helmet before each quarter. There's more but I will leave it at that...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I've been wearing an unwashed Ravens polo the past few purple Fridays. Sorry if it smells coworkers, I can't mess this up for the city.

The last couple of playoff games, all I've done is drink a bunch (Except against indy, as I was fortunate enough to attend :happyanim). I am not sure if I will do the same for this one, but most likely I will.

Disclaimer:
    I swear I'm not crazy

Anywho. I wear the same outfit every week (at least of the playoffs) Black long sleeved shirt, Black Ray Lewis, same jeans, same lucky purple panties/black bra, and purple and black fuzzy socks (brown uggs)

I watch the first half from the same spot on the couch. I alternate wearing my Poe winter hat between possessions. (When I'm not wearing it, it sits on my right knee facing the tv.. I'm sitting on my left leg)

I routinely make sure my necklace my son gave me for xmas is correct and straight.

During the second half I stand in the hall way under the mistletoe I refuse to take down. During that time before every offensive possession, I make sure the beak of Poe "kisses" the mistletoe. In between every play I walk to the kitchen sink and wash a dish/clean off the sink.

In the second half, during the defensive stands, I still kiss the mistletoe, but rock left to right side until the play is over..

(still pacing between plays)

No one is able to speak in the 4th quarter, no matter what happens..

And every potty break, I look at the mirror, and say "No weapon" 3xs straight before I leave (and I'm an atheist)

(And my panties must "ride" up the left side the whole game. I swear it's lucky, don't knock it!)

It's weirder than that, really, but that's all I'm gonna publicly admit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I myself have been wearing the same purple women's Ravens short-sleeve thing I found at the thrift store about three months ago (or rather, some toothless homeless guy found it and brought it over to me because he thought I would like it ... weird or what? He's the Ghost of Ravens Playoff Wins.) I wore this thing to the home game against the Colts. Then I wore it sitting in front of the TV for Broncos and Pats. Obviously, I'll be wearing it for the Super Bowl.
    That shirt should be in the NFL Hall of Fame if the Ravens win. (I damned near said "we". I need to see a local Doctor about this Ravens thing)

I don't believe in superstitions.

If I don't say it 3 times, something bad might happen.

It's only crazy if it doesn't work!

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it);)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post

If I don't say it 3 times, something bad might happen.

I've been wearing my most comfortable faded Bengals shirt every game. You guys think I should keep wearing it? (3-0 so far)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    It's only crazy if it doesn't work!

(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it);)
    Whew, thought I accidentally clicked on a Craigslist ad or something, lol.