Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supersitions

Re: Supersitions

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I'm thinking that for those of us NOT going to NOLA, a party at Jess' house could be almost as interesting. Just sayin'
    lol everyone is welcome!

The booze is always flowing, the food is top notch..and you'll learn words that you didn't even know existed! ( I've been known to impress my father a time or two with my vocabulary heh)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

I quit wearing jerseys a few years ago. It's bad luck if I do. No purple Fridays for me. The past couple of weeks I have worn a gray ravens long sleeve T the day before the game. That seems to be ok.
    In game varies.
    I have to have the game on 2 TVs, upstairs and down. I go outside to smoke, but I have to figure out when to do it. If the defense does poorly while I watch, out I go. I watch the offense. I find it helps when I say to myself "just don't F up Joe" at the snap of the ball. Never tired watching a game with other people, or anywhere but home, but I'm not about to start now.
    Meanwhile I know none of this changes the game, but it makes us feel like we have some control over something important to us. :)

Blog Entries

btw, has anyone realized Joe is (mostly) clean shaven this year??? I mean, you see here he's got some stubble going on, but NOTHING like the last few years. Interesting.

“When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Many years ago I bought (on sale at K-Mart!) a venerable collarless shirt in Ravens' away colors--it's white with purple, deep blue & gold stripes. What's freaky is that I acquired it at least 5 years before the team moved here.

For the playoffs I have taken to wearing this shirt on gameday with a white T-shirt underneath from the SB XXXV championship--
    SUPER BOWL XXXV
    CHAMPIONS
    [team logo]
    BALTIMORE
    RAVENS

TAMPA, FLORIDA [SB35 logo] JANUARY 28, 2001

--& whatever mojo that combination holds appears to be unaffected by laundering (all those downwind thank me) or other clothing. I just make sure that it's on by kickoff. Needles ;) to say I will be wearing it on the evening of 3 Feb.

(BTW how cool is to be sending the team off with a rally on the 12th anniversary of SB XXXV?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Disclaimer:
    I swear I'm not crazy

(And my panties must "ride" up the left side the whole game. I swear it's lucky, don't knock it!)

It's weirder than that, really, but that's all I'm gonna publicly admit.

I'm about to jump into the Chesapeake bay to settle a deal I made with a pantheon of fictitious football gods, most of whom I created in the first place. How's that for superstition?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Sweet, enjoy the plunge!

Quick story, because while Rex has left sour tastes in my mouth, I do recall this...

In 2008, he was interviewing for HC jobs when the Polar Bear Plunge happened. After he ended up returning to Baltimore, he went back a week or two after and did his own plunge to "keep up his end" of the deal. He could've very easily just not done it, but I applaud him for going out and getting it done.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUW7gG2uNzQ
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Paint toenails opposing teams colors. Wore blue past 3 weeks, Colts, Broncos and Patriots. Now gotta get 49ers scarlett.

Blog Entries

My dog's favorite toy. Coincidence? I think not. Attachment 1394

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    My dog's favorite toy. Coincidence? I think not. Attachment 1394
    Come to the dark side Cincy, you know you want to!

Change your name to "CincyRaven"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Come to the dark side Cincy, you know you want to!

Change your name to "CincyRaven"
    You guys crack me up. :)

Blog Entries

You know it's going to be hard rooting for the Bengals after this love affair with such a winning franchise...

:)