Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supersitions

Blog Entries

Re: Supersitions

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    You know it's going to be hard rooting for the Bengals after this love affair with such a winning franchise...

:)
    The Ravens are a top notch outfit. I love my Bengals but I am Purple until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    The Ravens are a top notch outfit. I love my Bengals but I am Purple until further notice.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

No real superstitions, but all my playoff game threads have resulted in wins... in fact I think all of mine this year have all come up to be wins. Can't complain...

Blog Entries

We've steamed oysters in the backyard before and during each playoff game this year, and watched each game at home. So we have no choice but to do the same next Sunday.

One thing I just realized is, that for whatever reason, we've had a different group of friends over for each game.... due to schedules, people being out of town, and differeing fan allegiances (first game watched with two Skins fans (and a Bills fan). Second game we had two bills fans (different from the Bills fan who was over for the wild card game). Third game was a couple who are Giants fans (they live across the street), and another couple from here (next door neighbors) with no allegiance at all.

No group the same.

So should I invite them all this time, just to be safe, and maximize the collective good-luck power they have brought us?

Or do we keep the pattern going by having yet another group of different people altogether?!?!? and not inviting any of the people we invited before???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    We've steamed oysters in the backyard before and during each playoff game this year, and watched each game at home. So we have no choice but to do the same next Sunday.

One thing I just realized is, that for whatever reason, we've had a different group of friends over for each game.... due to schedules, people being out of town, and differeing fan allegiances (first game watched with two Skins fans (and a Bills fan). Second game we had two bills fans (different from the Bills fan who was over for the wild card game). Third game was a couple who are Giants fans (they live across the street), and another couple from here (next door neighbors) with no allegiance at all.

No group the same.

So should I invite them all this time, just to be safe, and maximize the collective good-luck power they have brought us?

Or do we keep the pattern going by having yet another group of different people altogether?!?!? and not inviting any of the people we invited before???
    That's quite a conundrum. Let me ponder it a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    One thing I just realized is, that for whatever reason, we've had a different group of friends over for each game....

IMHO your 3-week experiment has pretty well demonstrated that the precise makeup of the clientele at your erster steamings has no effect (one way or t'other) on the Ravens success.

So I'd invite whoever the hell offers to bring the best/most goodies &/or brew. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMHO your 3-week experiment has pretty well demonstrated that the precise makeup of the clientele at your erster steamings has no effect (one way or t'other) on the Ravens success.

So I'd invite whoever the hell offers to bring the best/most goodies &/or brew. :D
    I knew the "Bat Signal" would bring out the most articulate spokesman and most eloquent one of all. Hiya Lobachevsky! I've missed you, my friend. :)

Since the playoffs, I been wearing a Gray Ravens Tshirt on gameday. GF brought in Charm City, on a birthday trip home.
    My white Ravens #21, my name, Jersey on.
    I touch my Ravens flag every Scoring Drive.

And playoffs, I do 10 or aleast start with 10 pushups every first down we get in the 4th qtr. Gotta get Stronger in the 4th, which this team have done in the playoffs.
    But of course, with the drinking, 10 goes to 5 and fall to 2, lmao

9. Re: Supersitions

I'm not too superstitious, but I have a bit of a tradition wearing my purple Ravens shirt for the playoff games this year. I didn't even mean for it to be that way, it was practically an accident. Turns out it's been "working" so far, though!

For home games I also bring a bottle of Couvosier to my buddies tailgate as well as a box of brownies.
    When I bring my son the Ravens are 21-1.

Blog Entries

On my last run before the game, I had "Lose Yourself" and "Where the Streets Have No Name" come on random on the iPod. That's usually a good sign :)

I also played "In the Air Tonight", but I queued that one up myself at the end.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Also, I wear Johnny Unitas's Baltimore Colt Golf Shirt from the the late 60's or early 70's he gave me. Legit shirt. Etonic brand. 60% per cotton and 40% synthetic very retro. Has pocket on left chest with Baltimore Colts helmut and logo on right chest. So far 3-0.