Is Colin Kaepernick more concerned with his personal fame than his team's success?

Colin Kaepernick might be more interested in his own personal fame than the success of his team. Meanwhile, Joe Flacco says he doesn't care what people think about him and he is only thinking of the team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8694--nfl.html

I'll take an unselfish Joe Flacco any day over a self promoter.

Re: Is Colin Kaepernick more concerned with his personal fame than his team's success?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...-kaepernicking

The official "Kaepernicking" shirt is made by a company called Sportiqe. Some proceeds from that shirt go to Camp Taylor, which organizes camps for children with congenital heart defects.

Kaepernick has been involved with the camp; his adoptive parents lost two children to heart complications.

Blog Entries

Re: Is Colin Kaepernick more concerned with his personal fame than his team's success?

You all realize that I will have the world's most coveted screenname in a few days. I'm going to trademark RAVENSWINTITLE

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That's great that he and many other athletes are doing something for charities, but I'm specifically talking about him getting a trademark on a pose that has been done by many before him. I don't think it's only about the kids.

You know, the media loves to build up a person and then bring the world down on their head.
    They have a way of creating a situation that doesn't exist and making it into a mountain that is impossible to cross.

I think Kaepernick is going to be a really great quarterback.
    I think he is riding a terrific wave and good for him.
    He doesn't know he wasn't supposed to be this good so soon.
    He just believes in himself and his confidence is showing and good for the Niners.
    Hopefully it never goes to his head.
    And hopefully his fans will give him some slack as they are seemingly expecting him to be their next
    Montana. They should just enjoy him being Colin Kaepernick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You all realize that I will have the world's most coveted screenname in a few days. I'm going to trademark RAVENSWINTITLE
    DAMN YOU!!!!

Jk!

I thought it was interesting this morning that Greeny and Herm Edwards on Mike and Mike this morning took Flacco to task for making these comments. They compared him to Jay Cutler who has a poor relationship with the media saying that Flacco should never say things like this. I was surprised. Personally I felt like Flacco rarely has anything poorly to say about his media coverage but every once in awhile even he has to get fed up with it and if he feels the need to comment occasionally on the haters what's wrong with that?

8. Re: Is Colin Kaepernick more concerned with his personal fame than his team's success?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    That's great that he and many other athletes are doing something for charities, but I'm specifically talking about him getting a trademark on a pose that has been done by many before him. I don't think it's only about the kids.
    I'm pretty sure that it's more of the braintrust around him that's working on the trademark.

Gotta get paid!

This is quite a reach.

Everything I've read and seen puts CK in the classy category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    And I shall have a new avatar!!!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!