Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Hmmm....got to be just smoke and mirrors or maybe the Ravens already have a more generous offer in place. It's got be more generous than most of think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-super-bowl/

Re: Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Hmmm....got to be just smoke and mirrors or maybe the Ravens already have a more generous offer in place. It's got be more generous than most of think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-super-bowl/
    Actually, that's PFT's headline, but nowhere in there is there a quote from Ozzie saying that.

All Ozzie appears to be saying is that he'll look - and has looked - at everything Joe does (practice, film study, etc) when determining the teams offer.

I see nothing in there that says we're not going to make him a substantial offer or that Ozzie is trying to lessen Flacco's value (as PFT seems to be implying).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ozzie says contract offer to Joe still in place regardless what happens on Feb 3rd

Going by Ozzie's comments i can also say that if Flacco plays poorly that it will not change the contract.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Going by Ozzie's comments i can also say that if Flacco plays poorly that it will not change the contract.
    what good can come out of saying that?

some people will look at what he does on Sunday afternoon, but I have an entire body of work to look at,” Newsome said,

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ozzie has repeatedly stated that he and Joe have a "good understanding" about Joe's next contract. It seems to me that some of the parameters have been agreed upon, with the rest of the details needing to be ironed out. If we win next Sunday, I think Joe's price could escalate a tad, which the team might be happy to accomodate. I like how Ozzie says he needs to look at the entire body of work. This is what good teams do.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti will not let JOe leave. He always pays the going rate to whom he wants to like Ray, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, etc and let the guys walk like Hartwell, JJ and probably Kruger this year and Joe will get the going rate win or lose next week which will be $100M with about half guaranteed but he'll out-live the contract to collect all of it. In Ngata's case he even said I'm
    trying to give away $60M-lol. And that was around the general amount he signed for.