Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ozzie on Cam's firing

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3439062.story

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, that wouldn't be fair to John," Newsome said today in the cafeteria at team headquarters. "John has to stand before his coaching staff and his players. If at any one point do they ever think that he is overly influenced by Steve and I, then he loses his staff and his players. It has to be him."
    It's a wonder how a team like the Cowboys, with Jones' interference, are able to have any success.

Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie on Cam's firing

Lmao, we need to get a gif of when Ozzie starts to repeat "no no no no no".

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3439062.story

It's a wonder how a team like the Cowboys, with Jones' interference, are able to have any success.
    What success? They've won exactly 1 playoff game in the last 16 years.

I appreciate Ozzie's answer, but let's be honest here, there is no way anyone admits such pressure or any mandate occurred, whether it did or didn't. The public answer is going to be the same regardless.

This puts a damper on TL's theory that Stevie B. put Harbs on a "hot seat" by influencing Cam's firing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    This puts a damper on TL's theory that Stevie B. put Harbs on a "hot seat" by influencing Cam's firing.
    The NFL being a zero sum - WINning is the only thing league. Harbs & Ozzie always on the hot seat - Biscotti doesn't have to voice the existance of the hot seat - they both know it's there - 24/7/365.

I think I heard that Steve was at the castle the Monday morning Cam was fired. Maybe he was just swinging by who knows, but you can see how people would put two and two together.

Interesting statement from Ozzie. Contrary to all the speculation we heard about Steve B putting his foot down. I think Ozzie is just downplaying the situation as to not undermine John's authority over the team.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lmao, we need to get a gif of when Ozzie starts to repeat "no no no no no".
    Yes that would be a KEEPER GIF!!!! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Interesting statement from Ozzie. Contrary to all the speculation we heard about Steve B putting his foot down. I think Ozzie is just downplaying the situation as to not undermine John's authority over the team.

There is no upside and some downside to admitting you forced Harbaugh's hand.

My own theory as to what went down was that after the offense struggled, and then the argument between Cam & Harbs on the sideline, John knew a change had to be made. I think the argument was the final straw, as I really believe John knew Cam was a big part of the problem before that, but he is a loyal guy. But being challenged by Cam I think pushed John over the edge. So basically, I actually do think John made the call. Either that, or Biscuit said something to the effect of "Fix the offense" and John knew Cam was the biggest part of the offensive issues, and had to let him go.
    But I really think John made this call. I get the feeling that John may be loyal to a fault, but not to guys who are not loyal to him - and I think in that argument he maybe felt that with Cam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I appreciate Ozzie's answer, but let's be honest here, there is no way anyone admits such pressure or any mandate occurred, whether it did or didn't. The public answer is going to be the same regardless.

Agreed.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.