Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ozzie on Cam's firing

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    This puts a damper on TL's theory that Stevie B. put Harbs on a "hot seat" by influencing Cam's firing.
    There's nothing to be gained now with all the positive developments for Ozzie to reveal what really went down. It would undermine the whole season. I stand by my assertion that Bisciotti HEAVILY influenced the move. That said, it worked and Harbs obviously is no longer on the hot seat.

I also find it interesting that Ozzie chose to take the podium today. He rarely does that. A pre-emptive strike before the media day circus at the SB?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

There is no upside and some downside to admitting you forced Harbaugh's hand.
    Steve: Fire Cam or you're gone!
    Steve:Have you thought of making a change at OC?
    Steve:That Jim Caldwell is a heck of a coach, real OC potential.
    Steve:I really want a Superbowl trophy this year. What can we do to juice up the offense?

Bottom line: Cam's gone and we are in the Superbowl.

Blog Entries

class act

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nobody outside the organization really knows the truth. Why make a statement to undermine Harbaughs authority? Just typical GM speak.

Bisciotti just does not impress me as being a meddling owner under any cirumstance. He might have asked Harbs if he was thinking of making a change considering the arguments that occurred during the Landover game, but to say he "heavily" influenced the decision just does not make sense to me. "The bottom line is" none of us will ever discover the real truth of what occurred, but it has worked out for the best as Joe looks like a COMPLETELY different QB now, which bodes well for the next ten years in the Charm City.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I appreciate Ozzie's answer, but let's be honest here, there is no way anyone admits such pressure or any mandate occurred, whether it did or didn't. The public answer is going to be the same regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    My own theory as to what went down was that after the offense struggled, and then the argument between Cam & Harbs on the sideline, John knew a change had to be made. I think the argument was the final straw, as I really believe John knew Cam was a big part of the problem before that, but he is a loyal guy. But being challenged by Cam I think pushed John over the edge. So basically, I actually do think John made the call. Either that, or Biscuit said something to the effect of "Fix the offense" and John knew Cam was the biggest part of the offensive issues, and had to let him go.
    But I really think John made this call. I get the feeling that John may be loyal to a fault, but not to guys who are not loyal to him - and I think in that argument he maybe felt that with Cam.
    After seeing that sideline argument, I can't see why he would need to be told to can him. He looked pretty ready. If Steve was there in relation, it was probably cause Ozzie said, "Hey Steve, John's probably shit-canning Cam tomorrow morning".

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    I think I heard that Steve was at the castle the Monday morning Cam was fired. Maybe he was just swinging by who knows, but you can see how people would put two and two together.
    Bisciotti is there more often than you're suggesting here.

This is his full time endeavor now. He has folks watching is other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Nobody outside the organization really knows the truth. Why make a statement to undermine Harbaughs authority? Just typical GM speak.
    Kind of hard when there were well over 100+ media members today at the castle. He's going to be asked that question again next week too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    This puts a damper on TL's theory that Stevie B. put Harbs on a "hot seat" by influencing Cam's firing.
    It does if you believe Ozzie. There are a lot reasons though why Ozzie would say this.

Why can't we just believe Ozzie on this one? Bisciotti had no problem letting the world know he put Billick in his place. Perhaps after that argument on the sideline between Harbaugh and Cameron was the trigger.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Why can't we just believe Ozzie on this one? Bisciotti had no problem letting the world know he put Billick in his place. Perhaps after that argument on the sideline between Harbaugh and Cameron was the trigger.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Well, for one thing, most fans have been conditioned to accept that most pressers are full of BS, so there's a tendency to just assume that's the case here. Personally, I could not care less. The main thing was that Cameron needed to go; and he went. That's the only thing that matters to me. The rest...who knows, and who cares?