Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie on Cam's firing

Ozzie is the best GM in the league along with Jerry Reese, that is for sure.

Steve B. put Cam on the hot seat last year. I think Caldwell was brought in as a motivator for Cam. Cam started well enough, but couldn't keep it up. I think securing a playoff berth when they did was key in allowing the in season change. I'm sure like most businesses, there were discussions and meetings about it, and the losing skid, securing a berth, and still having a few games to try something else, lead to agreement on Cam being dismissed. More of the magic of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lmao, we need to get a gif of when Ozzie starts to repeat "no no no no no".

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post

Awesome.

Hey Oz, is Matt Ryan better than Joe Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Why can't we just believe Ozzie on this one? Bisciotti had no problem letting the world know he put Billick in his place. Perhaps after that argument on the sideline between Harbaugh and Cameron was the trigger.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    At this point how it happened doesn't matter so why not just go with the party line (as Ozzie did) and move on since things are going well. That said, Bisciotti is more involved than you think.

Just a small case in point... He shared with us back in November that after Webb went down the Ravens were considering a small trade for a corner that would include a conditional seventh round pick. Bisciotti talked Ozzie out of the deal.

So if Steve B is involved in a deal like that, you know that he was involved in the Cameron firing. And from what I've been told it was forced upon Harbs by Bisciotti. The man understands the ebbs and flows of personnel...that's why he can claim to be a self-made billionaire.

And clearly it was the right call!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

From what i've een told it was all Harbs, wat's so hard to believe about that, if you know anything about Harbs. You cant have an owner undrminning your staff, or we have Snyder two here, and i dont believe that. JMHO, from people around.

Blog Entries

From what I hear, Cass said it was Harbaugh. He mentioned a particular game and said that after that game, Harbaugh came to the front office and said that it was time for a change.

If you combine that with how well Joe and John seem to be getting along, along with how much they seem to be on the same page these days, ................I'm just saying.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think it's fairly obvious Ozzie is providing some cover for Harbs here.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's the business side of football and to be expected. I don't know why some view the possibility of Bisciotti putting heat in Harbs to get rid of Cam as a bad thing. It's not a knock on Harbs and it shows the fundamentally, the owners knows what he's doing.

I've had to shit can employees who worked under me at the behest of upper level management and it sucks. But in the end, it was done with my success in mind as well as the organizations continued success.

In the end, it shows they have faith in Harbs and didn't want him clinging to Cam to be his downfall.

Cam's own comments on his firing are interesting. I think most of us agree with him.

Cam Cameron says the Baltimore Ravens' decision to fire him as offensive coordinator was just what the team needed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...brilliant-move

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    From what i've een told it was all Harbs, wat's so hard to believe about that, if you know anything about Harbs. You cant have an owner undrminning your staff, or we have Snyder two here, and i dont believe that. JMHO, from people around.
    Because Bisciotti was involved doesn't make him Dan Snyder. He's a smart guy who understands the dynamics of organizational hierarchy perhaps more so than any other owner on the planet given the way he's made his fortune. I think he knows when to call in a marker, and he did.

Each time I've had the pleasure to spend some time with Bisciotti, the way he processes information and the interesting way he responds to questions screams "outside the box" thinking. I learn something from him with each conversation.

But back on point, he made if very clear to me when he said, "I'm more involved than people think."

He isn't dictating decisions, just influencing them by challenging his people and then asking them to consider alternatives and possibilities. The best way to get people to buy in to change is to have them put their own stamp on it. He's a master of that.

That said, his influence in Cam's firing was extreme. He wanted him gone 2 years prior but Harbs convinced him otherwise. In December, Harbs still not buying into Cam's dismissal, ran out of rope and couldn't save him.

You speak of knowing a few things about Harbs. Then you should know he's conservative by nature and firing a family friend, his coordinator in season while in first place, goes completely against his tendencies.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I stand by my assertion that Bisciotti HEAVILY influenced the move. That said, it worked and Harbs obviously is no longer on the hot seat.
    There is no way Harbs is on the hot seat or ever was. No chance whatsoever.

As for Cam, maybe Biscotti wasn't happy with Cam, that I can buy, but to say he pressured Harbaugh is hard to believe. I don't doubt that he and Harbs discussed the matter, but I don't think it got to the point of saying fire the guy or else.

Especially because all of the counts appear backed up by multiple sources, as well as the game film. Cam and Harbs got into it bigtime on the sideline of the Redskins game, we all saw it and heard about it. Multiple reports said it carried over into the locker room. The reason for the fight was because Harbs asked Cam to use more max-protect in the second half when the Redskins started bringing 5 pass rushers, and Cam didn't listen to him and did his own thing, costing us two turnovers.

It's pretty obvious to everyone that Harbaugh was pissed at Cam for being insubordinate, and went to Biscotti.