Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Webb

Re: Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With Cary Williams likely to move on (he did turn down a $15 million - 3 year extension), then IMO Webb will return to CB. Along with Graham, J. Smith, and C. Brown, plus perhaps another draft choice or FA, the Ravens will be OK @ CB in 2013... Bc
    Not to get too far OT, but this brings up a discussion I was having with another Ravens fan a week or so ago. With Cary Williams likely on his way out, he will need to be replaced whether through the draft, or free agency. Last year we saw two 1st/2nd round talents drop considerably in Alfonso Dennard and Vontaze Burfict, the former being a 7th rounder and the latter being an UFA. Both have worked out nicely for their teams. My thoughts are on this kid Tyrann Mathieu. Hes obviously gonna drop considerably and as a 5th rounder or so, he could be a nice replacement for Williams. Ive always been the type of fan who thinks the Ravens should completely avoid anyone with a rrd flag, but only if theres a lot that is being risked. A fifth rounder could be worth it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Steve Biscottie answers #2 however he would lik, but the chances are as close to 100% yes as you can get without being 100%. Myabe 99.99% with 99 zeros behind the decimal. I honestly expect that even Cam would get a ring, as well as anyone that lasted at least a couple weeks on the practice squad, and probably the entired IR list.
    Not sure Cam will get one since he was terminated, but I would certainly hope that Webb does.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Not to get too far OT, but this brings up a discussion I was having with another Ravens fan a week or so ago. With Cary Williams likely on his way out, he will need to be replaced whether through the draft, or free agency. Last year we saw two 1st/2nd round talents drop considerably in Alfonso Dennard and Vontaze Burfict, the former being a 7th rounder and the latter being an UFA. Both have worked out nicely for their teams. My thoughts are on this kid Tyrann Mathieu. Hes obviously gonna drop considerably and as a 5th rounder or so, he could be a nice replacement for Williams. Ive always been the type of fan who thinks the Ravens should completely avoid anyone with a rrd flag, but only if theres a lot that is being risked. A fifth rounder could be worth it IMO
    I like Matthieu at a reduced value point, IE 3rd round and below.
    I actually had a dream last night that we got Eric Fisher, Manti Te'o and Tyrann Matthieu with our first 3 picks... certainly a dream, especially on Fisher.

Blog Entries

He'll get a ring if we win. It stinks, but you do what you have to do and can do.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Steve Biscottie answers #2 however he would lik, but the chances are as close to 100% yes as you can get without being 100%. Myabe 99.99% with 99 zeros behind the decimal. I honestly expect that even Cam would get a ring, as well as anyone that lasted at least a couple weeks on the practice squad, and probably the entired IR list.
    LOL, does Sergio get a ring? HAHAHAHA

Dennis Dixon sure deserves one.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Not sure Cam will get one since he was terminated, but I would certainly hope that Webb does.
    Cam was terminated in a judgment call by Harbaugh. He was not terminated for malfeasance. I would think that taking the high road and giving him a ring would be in order.

But we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here. There is a game to be played on February 3 and an obstacle in our way in the Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    LOL, does Sergio get a ring? HAHAHAHA
    I certainly hope not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I certainly hope not.
    will be interesting to see who does/does not get one...

I'd imagine most of the IR guys will, most practice squad guys. Sergio may just be a lone exception, or you never know, he may be granted one.

While I feel bad for guys like McClain and Webb it could be worse. One could have not gotten resigned by a team they played for their entire career only to sign with a team with SB hopes and see it falling apart. Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce to your Jarrett Johnson. Now that's a guy I feel bad for.

One guy I don't feel sorry for? Ben Grubbs, he had it all, big contract playing in his hometown making preparations to host the Superbowl. Oh the irony.
    Last edited by pslholder96; 01-25-2013 at 06:45 PM.

I thought that I read that you get a ring if you were on the roster for one nanosecond during the season, including training camp. Now, the winner's shares I think that they're a bit more protective over.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I thought that I read that you get a ring if you were on the roster for one nanosecond during the season, including training camp. Now, the winner's shares I think that they're a bit more protective over.
    I'm pretty sure the part about automatically getting a ring if you were on the roster for one day is not true. Otherwise at least 75-90 players will be getting rings if you want to include the ones that cut during training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Vinny Cerrato stated matter of factly(and he should know, from his SF days) that it's entirely up to the team owner as that's who foots the bill.