Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McKinnie?

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    McKinnie needed to play and play well this year (which he is doing) to get film out there for other teams. I doubt he wants to play for the Ravens anymore. Would you want to work for a company that cut your pay? He will get a contract with some other team, and will go to the highest bidder. It's a shame, because the Ravens are not going to have much cap room to sign a quality free agent LT, and are unlikely to find a quality LT with the 32nd pick. McKinnie was due to make $3.2 million for this season, which was cut to $2.2 million. That is not a lot of money for a decent LT.
    According to Preston, McKinnie wants to stay here.

Marty from Columbia: Does Bryant McKinnie have a chance to come back next year to the Ravens? As you’ve stated, there is no doubt the offensive line is much better with him and now can be considered a strength and not the team's weakness. By the way, congrats on calling this ALL SEASON LONG.

Mike Preston: Marty, McKinnie definitely wants to come back next season. He doesn't want to start new again in another city and he likes his teammates, especially the group on the offensive line. He works well and has a strong relationship with Osemele. But now is not the time for thoughts like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ngata is fat? Yeah, never seen a fat DT in my life, like ever.

And btw, Ngata has been outstanding in the play offs so far, so any talk on him being ineffective lately is total garbage.

He has 12 tackles, 3 QB hits, 3 QB hurries, and 10 defensive stops so far in the play offs. That's pretty awesome for someone so big, this late in the season. This is arguably his best play off performance since he's been here. I wonder where Vince Wilfolk was against us btw? Oh yeah, on his back because of Yanda and Birk. The NE and Denver interior offensive lines are two of the best in the league too.
    Yes, he does seem fat(er) than before. He's always been big, but he does look like he;s carrying more around the stomach area than he has before.

I'd like you to point out though where any one talked about his effectiveness or lack of...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    According to Preston, McKinnie wants to stay here.

Marty from Columbia: Does Bryant McKinnie have a chance to come back next year to the Ravens? As you’ve stated, there is no doubt the offensive line is much better with him and now can be considered a strength and not the team's weakness. By the way, congrats on calling this ALL SEASON LONG.

Mike Preston: Marty, McKinnie definitely wants to come back next season. He doesn't want to start new again in another city and he likes his teammates, especially the group on the offensive line. He works well and has a strong relationship with Osemele. But now is not the time for thoughts like that.
    Maybe, but I think this may be McKinnie's agent telling him to say what he needs to say to look like a team player. It would look very bad right now to announce that you plan to play elsewhere next year. I think the only way he re-signs with the Ravens is if they offer him the most guaranteed money, which will be tough given the lack of cap room that the Ravens will likely have, and the fact that there is a major shortage of even decent LTs in the league. Some other team will offer McKinnie more money than the Ravens will be willing/able to play. Offensive linemen can play for a long time (barring injury). I think McKinnie could probably play at a decent level for at least 2-3 more years.

Blog Entries

I have an eating issue too, I just love food so much lol. The worse thing is I stack on so much weight if I don't go to the gym or when I'm not playing sports, so I literally have to spend my life working out. Other issue is probably too much beer.
    I live in the gym man. In fact, I retired early at 55 to spend more time in the gym. The doc said I will live longer if
    if can afford to retire. I get up at 11 and get lunch and go to the gym. I swim for 2 hours and then work out for 2 hours
    on the weights. For additional exercise we throw Steeler fans out of our bar on Fri nights-lol. NObody in that gym spends as much time there as me. Several months after I retired Admin Steve came up to me at a Nest 1 party and said Trap, have
    you been working out? I said yea, I'm retired now and that's all I do. He could tell from the muscles and my expanded chest.

I lost 70 lbs as soon as I retired, regained 30 and lost 20 over the summer. I weigh 245 right now and the doc still wants
    me to lose another 30 lbs. Actually, that's my playing weight and it worked for me in fighting but Working out has saved my life. The only thing I do is go to the gym and sing at night and follow the Ravens around the country. I tell people it's a hard life but nobody believes me.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    It is my understanding that McKinney got back into the lineup again because the front office was so pleased with the way he negotiated the deal to sell a portion of the Ravens allocation of Super Bowl tickets to Prime Sports. Amazing how off the field work sometimes translates into on the field success.

:girlfight

Okay, that is the last time I'll razz you on that topic.

Seriously, though, I believe holding McKinney out until the end of the year was a calculated move to ensure he was in good shape and rested for a playoff run. Bringing him in earlier in the season for substantial time would wear him down and potentially expose him to injury. Besides, it probably took 15 weeks at least for him to get into football shape.
    so people are really still holding on to the "he was out of shape" excuse?

No, he was in shape during camp. He was reported as in good shape during camp.

This was completely on the coaches, nothing more nothing less

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    ... McKinnie was due to make $3.2 million for this season, which was cut to $2.2 million. That is not a lot of money for a decent LT.
    Right, but how many games did he participate in for that $2.2 million? While I'm glad we have him for the playoff run, he certainly got paid well for the games he was in... Bc

Blog Entries

Harbs is a genius for saving McKinnie until the playoffs. ... and getting rid of Cam at the right time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Before this whole thread goes off the rails, Big Mac already answered this. After the Colts game he told reporters that he was not able to start earlier in the year because A. He had a hip pointer, and B. He had to prove to the coaches that he was motivated and willing. Once A cleared up, he did B, and was inserted into the offensive lineup.

Controversy over. Let's try to move on.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Before this whole thread goes off the rails, Big Mac already answered this. After the Colts game he told reporters that he was not able to start earlier in the year because A. He had a hip pointer, and B. He had to prove to the coaches that he was motivated and willing. Once A cleared up, he did B, and was inserted into the offensive lineup.

I would tend to agree with this, but I'm not sure if Cam liked him anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Yeah, that's been brought up a trillion times but his words are meaningless around here.

I would tend to agree with this, but I'm not sure if Cam liked him anyway.
    Cam liked him enough to start him last year all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah, that's been brought up a trillion times but his words are meaningless around here.
    I was as hard on him as anyone, but it's clear that when he's physically right, and mentally sound, he's the best tackle on our team. Is it so hard to believe that the coaches wanted him to be in the right shape mentally and physically before they risked putting him out there? I swear, some people need to remember the old medical mantra; When you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Right, but how many games did he participate in for that $2.2 million? While I'm glad we have him for the playoff run, he certainly got paid well for the games he was in... Bc
    I don't think McKinnie is going to see it that way. He wanted to play, but the decision was made to bench him. It is possible he comes back, but I doubt that he will given that another team is likely to offer him a bigger contract. McKinnie has bills that he needs to pay, so I don't see him accepting less money to stay here.