Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

NFL.COM Top Quarterbacks under 30

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...backs-under-30

2) Matt Ryan, 27, Atlanta Falcons

Over the past five seasons, Ryan has more regular-season wins than any other NFL quarterback. He led Atlanta to 13 wins this season, plus another win in the playoffs. His fumble and interception in the NFC Championship Game were costly, though the pick wasn't really his fault.

It might seem odd that I ranked Ryan, who will be watching Super Bowl XLVII, above the two quarterbacks who will be playing in it. But when it comes to the numbers that indicate future success, Ryan's are simply better.

3) Joe Flacco, 28, Baltimore Ravens

Flacco doesn't put up eye-popping stats, but he wins big games on the road, especially in the playoffs, where he has more road wins than any quarterback in NFL history. No one in the NFL has a better arm than Flacco. He played much better after Jim Caldwell took over as the Ravens' offensive coordinator in December.

Incidentally, Flacco's incredible success this postseason -- he's thrown eight touchdowns and zero interceptions -- bodes well for him in the Super Bowl. Five other quarterbacks have thrown eight or more touchdowns and zero picks in the postseason: Joe Montana, Steve Young, Phil Simms, Troy Aikman and Drew Brees. All won the Lombardi Trophy that season while being named the MVP of the title game.
    Obviously I'm switching Joe and Melting Ice.

Re: NFL.COM Top Quarterbacks under 30

Really? This shit again? How the fuck is Ryan still getting all of the props?

Blog Entries

lol what a joke.

Blog Entries

OK, I'm crying now. Ya happy???

13) Andy Dalton, 25, Cincinnati Bengals

Dalton is a very solid, hard-working player who most likely won't win much on his own. He did take Cincinnati to the playoffs his first two seasons in the league, but he seems to need the help of an outstanding supporting cast to get anywhere.

Blog Entries

These writers are fixated on regular season statistics. Playing in a dome with all-star receivers will skew anyone's regular season statistics. There are other more important factors to being a top QB than that. Winning in the post-season is one of the main ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    These writers are fixated on regular season statistics. Playing in a dome with all-star receivers will skew anyone's regular season statistics. There are other more important factors to being a top QB than that. Winning in the post-season is one of the main ones.
    Plus you have to consider Flacco was in Cam-cuffs for a long time.

Doesn't bother me at all. statusquo for sportswriters to find a way to diss Flacco. Surprised he was number 3, what happen to Dalton,newton,sanchez(ok,that was a low blow)r2d2,and who ever else is under 30. It's an inside joke among the talking heads to see who can distort the facts and make the Ravens team or player be less then they really have been.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    OK, I'm crying now. Ya happy???

13) Andy Dalton, 25, Cincinnati Bengals

Dalton is a very solid, hard-working player who most likely won't win much on his own. He did take Cincinnati to the playoffs his first two seasons in the league, but he seems to need the help of an outstanding supporting cast to get anywhere.
    I'd put Dalton at the top of his tier; at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Really? This shit again? How the fuck is Ryan still getting all of the props?
    Two words; fantasy football...
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'd put Dalton at the top of his tier; at the very least.

Two words; fantasy football...
    I appreciate that.

Even funnier, Ryan as my FFL QB got me to a 10-0 start and 13-1 finish. Dalton sucked as an FFL QB, but had a good season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I appreciate that.

Even funnier, Ryan as my FFL QB got me to a 10-0 start and 13-1 finish. Dalton sucked as an FFL QB, but had a good season.
    I rode Ryan as my QB to an undefeated season and league championship. lol I also had Arian Foster and CJ Spiller who helped.

I think people are being too hard on Dalton. It's only his second season. You gotta at least give him 3 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I rode Ryan as my QB to an undefeated season and league championship. lol I also had Arian Foster and CJ Spiller who helped.

I think people are being too hard on Dalton. It's only his second season. You gotta at least give him 3 years.
    I agree. First two years are a bitch.

I had Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore as my RB's. It was a magical FFL season, lol. Missed the $300 final prize by less than 2.5 pts. to a team that went 6-8. Playoffs can be a killer.

BTW, congrats on an undefeated season. Very hard to do in any FFL.

How can these guys like RG3, Luck, and Wilson make the list? They're rookies! No one knows what they'll do next year when teams aren't caught off guard them, with DC's having a season of tape on them.

Then there Ryan being listed above Flacco, why is that? He's done nothing but rack up wins against sucky ass teams in the NFC South with his HOF TE and two top ten WRs. Still can't get it done in the playoffs.