Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can Flacco beat Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not following, what record would it break?
    TO be clearer, the list of QBs who have thrown the most TDs in a postseason without an INT. Joe is currently tied with 5 other people with 8. There are two players with 9, then Montana with 11...

And 3 games vs 4 could go both ways. Tougher to go an extra game without an INT, which COULD be Joe's downfall here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In Montana's first Super Bowl he threw just 1 TD and only passed for 157 yards. That would be fine by me as long as it got the win.
    Joe could be 1/4 with 32 yards, if we win, I care not!

SF is known for a great pass rush and great linebackers, but they don't exactly have ball hawkers right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    SF is known for a great pass rush and great linebackers, but they don't exactly have ball hawkers right?
    Not really. They are a defense that are built on making solid plays, and very few mistakes. Basically their open field tackling is the best in the league, they had a pretty good pass rushing defense before late in the season, but its never been out of this world good, and because Justin Smith is now playing with virtually one arm, and Aldon Smith being ineffective as of late, their pass rush isn't exactly what the New York Giants had in the play offs last year. They just make one hell of a lot of tackles close to the LOS, and are all in great shape, part of this is to do with just how awesome their LB's are.

The secondary in pass coverage is probably the main weakness. The CBs are decent, but nothing special, they struggled against Atlanta's receivers in coverage (but who doesnt?), and the safeties aren't great at all in coverage, they are both essentially ultra athletic LB's who are great in the box, but not so much down field. I actually find the safeties for SF to be slightly overrated. This will be a game where Flacco can air it out in a dome all night long.

Blog Entries

Yeah. Screw the stats, at this point Joe doesn't have anything to prove, despite what everyone will say if the Ravens win and he doesn't play well. I just want them to win, however that needs to happen.

You watch, Flacco is going to run.......they play that base 4 man against Ryan all day, even rushed 3 at times, but Flacco is much more mobile,
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not really. They are a defense that are built on making solid plays, and very few mistakes. Basically their open field tackling is the best in the league, they had a pretty good pass rushing defense before late in the season, but its never been out of this world good, and because Justin Smith is now playing with virtually one arm, and Aldon Smith being ineffective as of late, their pass rush isn't exactly what the New York Giants had in the play offs last year. They just make one hell of a lot of tackles close to the LOS, and are all in great shape, part of this is to do with just how awesome their LB's are.

The secondary in pass coverage is probably the main weakness. The CBs are decent, but nothing special, they struggled against Atlanta's receivers in coverage (but who doesnt?), and the safeties aren't great at all in coverage, they are both essentially ultra athletic LB's who are great in the box, but not so much down field. I actually find the safeties for SF to be slightly overrated. This will be a game where Flacco can air it out in a dome all night long.
    Good analysis there.......very good
    Way Down South in New Orleans

8. Re: Can Flacco beat Montana?

The key is blocking up front in pass protection like Atlanta did. If we can do that, Flacco should have a field day much like Ryan did. We also have the defense to make stops, unlike Atlanta.

Anything's possible

Blog Entries

It would be great. A definite stick in the eye to his more deranged critics out there.

The win is more important, of course. I have no doubts which he'd prefer to have.

Blog Entries

The real question: Can Flacco beat Dilfer? Dilfer is 1-0 in Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't care if he can beat Montana. I want him to beat San Francisco.
    +1,000