Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Who do you most want to be Superbowl MVP?

Reed, Lewis, or Flacco would be the ones I'd like to see get it. I suspect it's going to be Flacco though.

Just as long as it's a Raven :D

Some love for the D
    Corey Graham

If not him then Boldin
    Had a long career and it would be great for him

Suggs, get 5 sacks and RavenNation will be Drunk All Summer

Most likely Flacco, Said he was Elite, Superbowl MVP is elite.
    But yeah it will cost us, but i Love Flacco, and In Ozzie WE Trust!! Pay the MAN

Would be cool, if Any D player gets it. That mean BSHU was Teaching a young boy, how Ravens Football is played

No thank on Ed Reed. I have a feeling that he'll be wearing a different uniform next year. While I'm not going to have any resentment towards him or anything, I would still hate to see our Super Bowl MVP not be on the team next year.

In a perfect world, I think that it would be Flacco. It would be poetic justice for the way that the season went, and not making the Pro Bowl.

Blog Entries

There's really only a couple logical guys it could be...

First off, 25 QBs have won the award in 47 SBs...Unless Joe has a tanker of a game in a win, it's going to be him
    RB and WR are next, with 7 and 6, respectively. So Rice, Boldin, Torrey.

Only 8 times has a defender won it. 2 each for DE, LB, and S. 1 each for DT and CB. A DE would only win it for a ton of sacks, so our most likely guys there are Ray, Reed, Kruger, and Suggs.

Jacoby likely won't win it, as a 3rd receiver and KR...#1, Akers in a dome means very few returns. #2, only once has a KR won it, Desmond Howard.

So, your odds list:

1. Flacco
    2. Rice
    3. Boldin
    4. Torrey
    5. Ray

In my lifetime, 4 defensive players have gotten SB MVPs...2003 was last time, Dexter Jackson. Before that, Ray in 2000, Larry Brown in 1996, and Richard Dent in 1986. If any defender is going to win it, odds have to go to Ray. Unless Reed picks like 2 or 3, they would finagle a way to give it to a retiring, inspiring Ray Lewis.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Not that I want him to win it for cap reasons, but Paul Kruger could be the dark horse in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    No thank on Ed Reed. I have a feeling that he'll be wearing a different uniform next year. While I'm not going to have any resentment towards him or anything, I would still hate to see our Super Bowl MVP not be on the team next year.

In a perfect world, I think that it would be Flacco. It would be poetic justice for the way that the season went, and not making the Pro Bowl.
    If Flacco wins it, he's almost certain to play under the Franchise Tag next season, because his agent won't let him sign for what we can afford while his most recent résumé item is "Super Bowl MVP". And if he plays on the Franchise Tag, expect a down year, because he'll probably sit out training camps as Franchisees are apt to do. In which case, after a down year, we can sign him for a fair price.

Tandon Doss.

iggyman555 Guest

lee evans & willy cundiff co-MVP

I'm pulling for Ray, but I think Flacco or Suggs win it. I see Suggs having a monster game.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

1. Torrey Smith -- great guy, personal loss this year, huge value as a WR
    2. Ed Reed -- hometown hero, HOF safety, 1st SB
    3. Joe Flacco -- proving the doubters wrong
    4. Q
    5. Sizzle
    6. Ray Lewis
    7. Ray Rice
    8. Haloti
    9. Matt Birk
    10. Justin Tucker

Realistically speaking, it is unlikely to be a defender or an offensive lineman. I really don't care who the MVP is as long as the Ravens win the game.

Joe Flacco or Sizzle MVP.