Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who do you most want to be Superbowl MVP?

For me, it goes like this:

1. Joe Flacco
    2. Ed Reed
    3. Ray Lewis
    4. Torrey Smith
    5. Ray Rice

I have Ed Reed second because if he were to win it, that would mean there would be at least one (probably two) Ed Reed pick-sixes in the superbowl. And THAT would be incredible.

Though it would be the very best if Joe Flacco won because that would probably put him in the elite category for sure. Also it would mean he'd maybe have a quarterback rating 119 or higher, which would mean he'd have a higher qb rating than Roethlisberger had in his two superbowl victories COMBINED.

Re: Who do you most want to be Superbowl MVP?

Flacco, it would further silence his critics and that d-bag on ESPN can finally shut his yap.

1. Joe Flacco
    2. Ed Reed
    3. T-Sizzle
    4. Anquan Bouldin
    5. Haloti Ngata
    6. Ray Rice
    7. Torrey Smith
    8. Jarrett Johnson (*only half-kidding, but really: how much does it suck that he isn't here for this?)

Ray's already got one. So after Joe, it's basically those players who have meant the most to this team, in roughly descending order of seniority

Blog Entries

It is possible that Ed Reed gets the MVP with some heroic interceptions...

However, the reality is that no one on the defensive side of the ball has made as many plays as Flacco has.

Flacco has the ball in his hands every snap on offense and he clearly is on a mission.

Finally, the Niner's weakness is in their secondary, which means Rice and/or Pierce may have tough games in front of them. However, the Flacco to Torrey/Q/Pitta connection could come up huge.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I really don't care who wins it, as long as they're wearing a Ravens uniform.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco, just to piss off ESPN and all of the blowhards that dump on him with regularity. His stats stand up against anyone else's.

It doesn't matter, Eli got Super Bowl MVP and they still shit on him. I just want a W.

I don't want Flacco to win MVP because that will just make him even more expensive.

My List:
    1. Ed Reed: After so many hurt seasons, so much he's given this team, all he's done to redefine the safety position and to always tend to our secondary, he's earned it. It's his home city, too! I only hope that Ed doesn't get too hungry and blow coverages or try to lateral during a punt return. Ed's my favorite player, and I want possibly his last game as a Raven to be his most honored.

2. Ray Rice: I would love to see the little guy get it, but I think the 49ers run game is too stout. Obviously, it's much more likely Flacco gets MVP, but I still like to think that there's still importance to the run game. Rice winning would prove that.

3. Haloti Ngata: Another Raven who's truly deserving. I would love to put Sizzle hear, but Ngata's the only one of our Monster Stars that hasn't won DPOY, so he gets my love.

4. Torrey: He lost his little brother. This would do the memory proud.

5. Boldin: I think he's the most likely candidate after Flacco. Q deserves not only a victory, but recognition for his clutch ability.

Blog Entries
    Perfect scenario would be Ray Lewis. Would love to see Flacco get it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Flacco, it would further silence his critics and that d-bag on ESPN can finally shut his yap.
    Which one?

Reed could possibly be the MVP for the losing team ala Howley, but assuming the Ravens win...

...my order would be:
    1. Reed--he's been a complete gentleman on Ray's last ride which might also be his swansong with the Ravens
    2. Lewis--Great ending, it won't impact any contract negotiations negatively
    3. Yanda--This would be all but impossible, but even though Ravens' fans know he's great, most of the rest of the world doesn't know how great. Still 0 sacks (or portions thereof) allowed in 17 games played.
    4. Boldin--He's had an outstanding postseason
    5. Flacco--He's most likely to get it, but he'll get paid even if he does not and a bad game against a team like the 49ers won't mean he can't play well for the foreseeable future.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ravenalytics;569509]I don't want Flacco to win MVP because that will just make him even more expensive.
    [QUOTE]

Meh, what's a few more million....