Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who do you most want to be Superbowl MVP?

If Flacco gets Superbowl MVP then we will probably be able to make the argument of him having the best postseason of a QB in NFL history. Because he already has 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. For comparison, Roethlisberger in his two superbowl wins was 7-3 and 3-1, and Manning was 3-7 in his. Brady was 1-1, 5-2, and 5-0 in his three (WOW. In the playoffs the last three years Flacco is 15-2. Meanwhile Brady was 11-3 in his three Superbowl seasons. Yet people call FLACCO the game-manager) The only contemporary competition for Flacco if he has a good Superbowl is Drew Brees (8-0 in three games), Eli Manning (9-1), and Aaron Rodgers (9-2). I have Aaron Rodgers listed even though his is worse than Eli Manning's because well, we all know Rodgers had three dropped touchdowns in the Superbowl. He had a top 3 quarterback performance in NFL superbowl history.

So if Flacco can have a 2-3 touchdown performance and still not throw any interceptions... holy shit.

Blog Entries

This is easy...

A Raven.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

[QUOTE=CincyCat;569516][QUOTE=Ravenalytics;569509]I don't want Flacco to win MVP because that will just make him even more expensive.

Meh, what's a few more million....
    Corey Graham, for one.

This is what I predict; in a win, Joe Flacco throws 364 Yards; 4 TDs 0 picks. But Kaepernick is named SB MVP...

Just as a last "F You" to the Ravens from the NFL/media....
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    If Flacco gets Superbowl MVP then we will probably be able to make the argument of him having the best postseason of a QB in NFL history. Because he already has 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. For comparison, Roethlisberger in his two superbowl wins was 7-3 and 3-1, and Manning was 3-7 in his. Brady was 1-1, 5-2, and 5-0 in his three. The only competition for Flacco if he has a good Superbowl is Drew Brees (8-0 in three games), Eli Manning (9-1), and Aaron Rodgers (9-2). I have Aaron Rodgers listed even though his is worse than Eli Manning's because well, we all know Rodgers had three dropped touchdowns in the Superbowl. He had a top 3 quarterback performance in NFL superbowl history.

So if Flacco can have a 2-3 touchdown performance and still not throw any interceptions... holy shit.
    For the QBs who have thrown 8 TDs without an INT...They all went on to win the SB and SB MVP. So...history is on Joe's side if he keeps his passes in Raven arms.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ravenalytics;569521][QUOTE=CincyCat;569516]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't want Flacco to win MVP because that will just make him even more expensive.

Corey Graham, for one.
    A few more million over the life of a contract won't really do all that much...it'll probably end up in backloaded money anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    If Flacco gets Superbowl MVP then we will probably be able to make the argument of him having the best postseason of a QB in NFL history. Because he already has 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. For comparison, Roethlisberger in his two superbowl wins was 7-3 and 3-1, and Manning was 3-7 in his. Brady was 1-1, 5-2, and 5-0 in his three. The only competition for Flacco if he has a good Superbowl is Drew Brees (8-0 in three games), Eli Manning (9-1), and Aaron Rodgers (9-2). I have Aaron Rodgers listed even though his is worse than Eli Manning's because well, we all know Rodgers had three dropped touchdowns in the Superbowl. He had a top 3 quarterback performance in NFL superbowl history.

Flacco could have a storybook season with one more win. He doesn't get rattled easily and seems ready for the challenge. Maybe he knew something earlier this season and didn't take the offer because of it. The great ones know when they are ready to put it all together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    This is what I predict; in a win, Joe Flacco throws 364 Yards; 4 TDs 0 picks. But Kaepernick is named SB MVP...

Just as a last "F You" to the Ravens from the NFL/media....
    Only once has a losing player been named MVP...

QUICK, anyone know which SB? You should know this!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    even if he does not and a bad game against a team like the 49ers won't mean he can't play well for the foreseeable future.
    Ala Ben Roethlisberger

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ravenalytics;569521][QUOTE=CincyCat;569516]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I don't want Flacco to win MVP because that will just make him even more expensive.

Corey Graham, for one.
    Look at the bright side, any Raven that can't be signed because of Joe's massive new contract could easily be signed by the Bengals with their cap room. At least you'll still see them twice a year.

I am kidding here, folks. Relax..... But food for thought. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Only once has a losing player been named MVP...

QUICK, anyone know which SB? You should know this!
    Baltimore Colts fans Howled(y) about it also
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

It would also be cool if Jimmy Smith just randomly got two 80+ yard pick-sixes and got MVP and then BAM we have FOUR stud cornerbacks for next season.

Also, Lardarious Webb would probably be on my short list for this if he wasn't injured.