Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed playing next year

I don't think Ed is going to go to the Patriots. Why would he, assuming the Ravens win the Super Bowl? The reason veteran players go to the Patriots is to get a ring. Ed would already have one. I think he goes to Indy and plays out his career for Pagano. Pagano coached Ed at Miami and with the Ravens. Ed loves the guy, and the Colts have cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't think Ed is going to go to the Patriots. Why would he, assuming the Ravens win the Super Bowl? The reason veteran players go to the Patriots is to get a ring. Ed would already have one. I think he goes to Indy and plays out his career for Pagano. Pagano coached Ed at Miami and with the Ravens. Ed loves the guy, and the Colts have cap room.
    What's better than one ring? :p I agree with your reason for Reed going to the Colts, which is why I have them as one of the options. Same reasoning for the Pats. The Jets is a stretch, but we all know how Rex likes to take Ravens players. I never considered the Saints, but I can see him going the whole "going home" route like Heap and many others.

Please not to the Pats.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

If the Ravens sign Reed for even less than the minimum they are nuts.

I believe Reed will retire a Raven so I believe he'll be back HERE next year. He's not going to get top dollar anywhere else given his age. I can't see him wearing anything but purple.

Personal I don't like Ed. He's been past his prime for years. And each year is the on again off again saga of him retiring. Get him his ring and let him move on. Reguardless he still can't tackle and is always out of position except the last 2 games which were against teams that don't throw the bombs that burn him often. Take that money and get young for the future. I expect him to play all out at the SB because that is what it is. Then next year if you give him a bunch of money it will be the old Ed of the last few years. Sorry, business decision

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let's keep it real here. Nobody offered Ray Lewis more than Baltimore, on the open market. Nobody is going to offer a single-armed Ed Reed more than the Ravens on the open market, not even New England. The only 'possibility' that I see is New York, but that would be so bad of a move that even Ed would recognize that.
    Not true.

Ray tested the market twice and we ended up paying a fair price for his services in the end. There's many new articles out there suggesting Ray sobered up in terms of his asking price. And I doubt the Ravens will offer more than any other team for Ed as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not true.

Ray tested the market twice and we ended up paying a fair price for his services in the end. There's many new articles out there suggesting Ray sobered up in terms of his asking price. And I doubt the Ravens will offer more than any other team for Ed as well.
    Agreed, but if some team is willing to shell out big bucks for Ed Reed, then he is as good as gone. He's been bitching about his contract every off-season for the past 2-3 years now.

I'd love for him to stick around on a fair deal though (for a year or 2...no more).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't see how the Ravens can afford to pay Ed Reed more than a Mckinnie/Birk type contract. Some team is going to offer more.

This is what I can see. A young Bucs team with a real weakness at secondary seeing Reed as an instant upgrade and a way to sell tickets. They need to get up to the cap floor anyway which kicks in this season so they will pay a little more to get him. Reed can add a great deal to a team like that. Think Darren Sharper going to the Saints a couple of years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see how the Ravens can afford to pay Ed Reed more than a Mckinnie/Birk type contract. Some team is going to offer more.

This is what I can see. A young Bucs team with a real weakness at secondary seeing Reed as an instant upgrade and a way to sell tickets. They need to get up to the cap floor anyway which kicks in this season so they will pay a little more to get him. Reed can add a great deal to a team like that. Think Darren Sharper going to the Saints a couple of years ago.
    That is what came to my mind too.

Maybe not the Bucs...but definitely something along those lines. Carolina, San Francisco maybe.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Home to the Saints?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Bellichick loves Ed. Unless Ed wants a huge contract, I really see him becoming a Pat next year.