Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ed Reed playing next year

I'm still hopeful we can find a way to get him to stay here. Reed wants to coach after football and it sounds like Ozzie would be open to that.

Does Reed have an open invitation to coach with the Ravens?

"That'll be up to Ed Reed,'' Newsome said. "That will be something that (Ravens owner) Steve (Bisciotti) and I can talk about. But Ed still has a lot of football left to play. So we'll cross that hurdle. If Ed decides he wants to do that, I think we can find a way.''

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...coach/1864465/

Ozzie is on NFL network praising Ed and Boldin being great leaders and hard workers. He also mentions Ed wants to be a coach one day.

Blog Entries

It might be worth noting that Indy, TB & NOLA are teams that are guaranteed 9-10 games a year in clement environments (inside or in Tampa weather). When you're getting up in age & you have some physical problems that can't be helped by frigid weather--& you weren't a cold-weather guy to begin with--that might be significant.

3. Re: Ed Reed playing next year

If there's one person on this planet where you pretty much just throw out what he says and wait to see what he does, it's Ed Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    Honest question: has Ed said he is looking for one last big money contract, or are posters just speculating that this will be the case? I think he still performs at a very high level and his interceptions are down because teams don't throw downfield against us often. I could see him giving us a hometown discount, but on the other hand I also think he might want to finally escape Ray's shadow and take his game elsewhere. That would just about break my heart because 20 has always been my favorite Raven.
    the past few seasns he's threatened retirement if he didn't get a raise... nd then ended up playing out his contract.

This year, he will be offerred perhaps HALF what he made ths year by the Ravens or any other team... so I'd call it an educated guess.

Mike Triplett ‏@TripTP
    #Ravens Ed Reed on growing up a #Saints fan. "Im black and gold forever"
    I could definitely see Ed choosing to hang it up after playing a year as a Saint.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I could definitely see Ed choosing to hang it up after playing a year as a Saint.
    To me that's the best option if he's not a Raven. NFC and we don't play the Saints unless we somehow end up in the Super Bowl against them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The Saints are in bad salary cap shape because of that Brees contract. They wouldn't be able to offer Reed anymore than the league minimum. Reed has made it very clear that he's looking for cash so I as much as he would like to be a Saint I doubt he signs there.

Just not the Pats!