Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

I don't care what's in your bible, and in this country, I don't have to. Your bible is not in charge.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Of course you have a right to oppose this.

You also have a right to oppose science.

But don't pretend you are being rational, don't pretend gay people can't raise children, and don't pretend this isn't *precisely* like Ray Lewis or Matt Stover going all religious, when what's really happening here is your religious beliefs are coloring your view of the world and you know it. Don't dress up your personal religious beliefs and call them "common sense."

You want to treat gays like second class citizens because of your faith and you want people who disagree with you to shut up.

That's ok, but admit it, and then deal with it.
    never said any of this. this is your opinion of me based on what u have hear other people in society say. i feel the same way about gay people that i do about people that are having hederosexual sex before marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Ok i say that i follow the word of God which is why i disagree with gay marriage. By what law or doctrine do you oppose animals marrying humans ?
    The legal concept of Testamentary capacity mostly.

That's the one that clarifies who has the mental or emotional capacity to enter into a contract or legal relationship. Like say... a marriage contract.

It's also the law that leads me to oppose allowing people to marry rocks, children, and the severely mentally handicapped, just thought I'd throw that out there before you started down the rest of the classic bigot rabbit hole objections to gay marriage.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Wrong!
    the bible refers to servants in this regard not slaves there is quite a difference as one is free to leave lol.

But ill do you one better. why dont you find the scriptures that support what you said and leave a link. that way we will know that you are not just saying something you heard someone say is in the Bible.
    OK!

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You brought it up?

Reference to support HR's point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior
    did you really read this b4 you posted it! "animals have shown signs of courtship". hey i guess if its on the internet its true.

never said any of this. this is your opinion of me based on what u have hear other people in society say. i feel the same way about gay people that i do about people that are having hederosexual sex before marriage
    Who cares what your beliefs about other things are?

You want all homosexual people to be denied the right to marry their adult, consenting, loving partners, because of what you read in your bible.

So you're a bigot, and you have a reason to be a bigot, which is that you think your faith should govern how other people behave.

I don't really care what your other beliefs are. I know what I need to know, and I also know that you were a phony in the OP when you pretended your problem was just with BA. Seriously, this debate would be much easier if the people who believe this miserable crap would just stand up and say it, instead of meekly complaining about people they disagree with, or pretending social science somehow supports their prejudices.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

did you really read this b4 you posted it! "animals have shown signs of courtship". hey i guess if its on the internet its true.
    Do you understand that courting behavior is a well documented and clearly defined phenomenon is nature?

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...0848/courtship

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Who cares what your beliefs about other things are?

You want all homosexual people to be denied the right to marry their adult, consenting, loving partners, because of what you read in your bible.

So you're a bigot, and you have a reason to be a bigot, which is that you think your faith should govern how other people behave.

I don't really care what your other beliefs are. I know what I need to know, and I also know that you were a phony in the OP when you pretended your problem was just with BA. Seriously, this debate would be much easier if the people who believe this miserable crap would just stand up and say it, instead of meekly complaining about people they disagree with, or pretending social science somehow supports their prejudices.
    I'm not taking sides, I just have to point out. Irony. Is. Awesome.

There is nothing bigoted about pointing out someone's bigotry.

And festivus doesn't need to know anything about OP's OTHER beliefs (which OP brought up in a non-sequiter) to know that his views towards homosexuals is bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    OK!
    pwned

How is that ironic?

I don't care what his other beliefs are. He's told us what his belief is about this issue and why he believes it.

You're taking sides. Have the cajones to admit it.
    Festivus

Not that anyone has done it (yet), but folks on the pro-gay side have been just as bigoted towards a persons particular faith as the anti-gay crowd has been towards homosexuality.

There's a double standard and I believe that's what NC was hinting at.