Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 122
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl



    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    But i love the when we resort to the "there are mountains of data" approach. As if we are all to dumb to use common sense, so instead must rely on modern science to get us all straightened out
    Common sense used to be that blacks were inherently too stupid to be more than slaves.
    Common sense used to be that integration would lead to the downfall of society.
    Common sense used to be that the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it.

    Common sense used to say a lot of things before science, data, and research disproved it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    . But when someone wants to recognize the union of marriage between humans and animals don't get all conscious on me then, but be consistent if you say gay marriage is ok.
    Because two consenting adults is exactly the same as an adult and an animal incapable of understanding the concept of marriage right?

    That bullshit argument was also a favorite of the people who believed that legalizing integrated marriage was unholy and ungodly.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    and this is really what it comes down to but I'm not going to sit on a message board and preach to anybody. If you believe in the word of God as i do then you have every right to oppose this.
    So I should mark you down as a woman beater? Because the Bible says that's cool too.

    Pro slavery as well? Yep, that's the word of God too in some books.

    It's one thing to have faith and I 100% support that.

    It's quite another to do the same thing that radical Islamists do and read too much into whatever good book you choose to base that faith on.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #40

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    and this is really what it comes down to but I'm not going to sit on a message board and preach to anybody. If you believe in the word of God as i do then you have every right to oppose this. If you don't which you are not forced to; you really are not bound to anything in this world and can do what ever you want. But when someone wants to recognize the union of marriage between humans and animals don't get all conscious on me then, but be consistent if you say gay marriage is ok.
    Of course you have a right to oppose this.

    You also have a right to oppose science.

    But don't pretend you are being rational, don't pretend gay people can't raise children, and don't pretend this isn't *precisely* like Ray Lewis or Matt Stover going all religious, when what's really happening here is your religious beliefs are coloring your view of the world and you know it. Don't dress up your personal religious beliefs and call them "common sense."

    You want to treat gays like second class citizens because of your faith and you want people who disagree with you to shut up.

    That's ok, but admit it, and then deal with it.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    I find it incredibly ironic that the avatar the OP chose to use, The People Tree in Columbia -- a symbol of inclusion and closeness -- is being promoted by someone with such hate and misunderstanding towards an entire culture.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    *chuckle*

    You're so sure of your opinion you can't be bothered to look at facts.

    edit: My own facts are that the kids of gay parents I know seem to be fine.

    oh wait im sorry!

    im sorry that i don't need science to tell me that male reproductive organs were not made to penetrate other men. in fact they have the same reproductive organs, by that i mean men of course. animals actually have the same perspective on this that i do go figure. in fact science actually does as well but it all depends on who you're asking and how they want to spin the science right?

    now i have actually had some personal experience with my male reproductive organs with a female and her's, let me tell you, it felt quite natural. now why i would allow science to tell me that there is another kind of natural that involves two of the same, having experienced this with a woman is beyond me. So no the children wont be effected just very confused as to why they dont have both penis and vagina.

    how do we get into this on super bowl week?
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Hate to tell you bro, but homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom too.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    how do we get into this on super bowl week?
    You brought it up?

    Reference to support HR's point:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Because two consenting adults is exactly the same as an adult and an animal incapable of understanding the concept of marriage right?

    That bullshit argument was also a favorite of the people who believed that legalizing integrated marriage was unholy and ungodly.
    Ok i say that i follow the word of God which is why i disagree with gay marriage. By what law or doctrine do you oppose animals marrying humans ?
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Keep moving those goal posts ....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #47

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    I don't know, by what law or doctrine are homosexuals the same as animals?

    But at least you admitted it's not about being tired of BA, or about your "common sense." I wish you'd just led off with "I believe in treating gay people badly because of my faith," we could have skipped over the part where you tried to pretend you had a better reason.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So I should mark you down as a woman beater? Because the Bible says that's cool too.

    Pro slavery as well? Yep, that's the word of God too in some books.

    It's one thing to have faith and I 100% support that.

    It's quite another to do the same thing that radical Islamists do and read too much into whatever good book you choose to base that faith on.
    Wrong!
    the bible refers to servants in this regard not slaves there is quite a difference as one is free to leave lol.

    But ill do you one better. why dont you find the scriptures that support what you said and leave a link. that way we will know that you are not just saying something you heard someone say is in the Bible.
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland