Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 122
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl



    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He did do it on his own time. He sent the email during his team designated time off. There hasn't been any additional activity on this story, but the players do not spend 24 hours a day seven days a week prepping. Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Terrell Suggs and others have all been active on facebook, chatting with fans. Justin Tucker has been posting instagram pictures like they're going out of style. BA has been trying to do something for a cause he believes in. Why exactly should that warrant a benching but the rest doesn't?
    Like you said there hasn't been any additional activity on the story, so I was just going off the OP.

    If it's like HR said, he just plans to wear a few shirts and talk about it in interviews when asked, okay, I have no problem with that. But "Championing" it seems like you're going to go above and beyond and take away from your responsibilities to prepare for the game, if not, than I don't care do as much as you'd like.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    If he were to open his media day interviews (and thanks to this announcement he will definitely be one of the players with a crowd on media day) by reading a brief statement in support of marriage equality, that would probably be reported as "championing marriage equality at the SuperBowl." And it would be a total non issue from a football preparedness standpoint.

    I would bet money that whatever he does, it will be that or less. (My other thought is that he'll wear a NOH8 shirt during any event where cameras will be present. That would similarly be considered championing the gay marriage issue.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If he were to open his media day interviews (and thanks to this announcement he will definitely be one of the players with a crowd on media day) by reading a brief statement in support of marriage equality, that would probably be reported as "championing marriage equality at the SuperBowl." And it would be a total non issue from a football preparedness standpoint.

    I would bet money that whatever he does, it will be that or less. (My other thought is that he'll wear a NOH8 shirt during any event where cameras will be present. That would similarly be considered championing the gay marriage issue.)
    How it's reported and what is actually championing are two entirely different things.

    If that's all he did, so what.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Women are also occasionally gay. And they can have sex right now as much as they want. The issue is legal equality.
    The issue is legal equality! But when most people think about same sex marriage, be it men with men, or woman with woman they could care less about it from a legislative stand point. its a polarizing issue because of the effect that it will have on our children. The kids man the kids


    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So?
    .....hey what ever floats yours man
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    ....hey what ever floats yours man
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #30

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Sorry, I misinterpreted what you had said. Obviously you have more than a passing interest in this. Reading some of these posts is good for my perspective on this. This is the Super Bowl and there will be media interviews and a lot of hoopla. Not all the questions will be football related. I expect he will have an opportunity to state his position on gay marriage, which should not bother anyone.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If he were to open his media day interviews (and thanks to this announcement he will definitely be one of the players with a crowd on media day) by reading a brief statement in support of marriage equality, that would probably be reported as "championing marriage equality at the SuperBowl." And it would be a total non issue from a football preparedness standpoint.

    I would bet money that whatever he does, it will be that or less. (My other thought is that he'll wear a NOH8 shirt during any event where cameras will be present. That would similarly be considered championing the gay marriage issue.)
    Agreed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    The issue is legal equality! But when most people think about same sex marriage, be it men with men, or woman with woman they could care less about it from a legislative stand point. its a polarizing issue because of the effect that it will have on our children. The kids man the kids
    There are mountains of data indicating that gay marriage has no negative effects on the children raised in said relationships. As for the issue of explaining gay relationships to YOUR kids, I will quote the esteem Louis Szekely who said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK
    'How am I supposed to explain to my child that two men are getting married?' I dunno, it's your shitty kid, you fuckin' tell 'em. Why is that anyone else's problem? Two guys are in LOVE but they can't get married because YOU don't want to talk to your ugly child for five fuckin' minutes?"
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #33

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    That which is unGodly will fail.




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    lol
    i couldn't care less about explaining gay to children, not my issue.
    But i love the when we resort to the "there are mountains of data" approach. As if we are all to dumb to use common sense, so instead must rely on modern science to get us all straightened out
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




  11. #35

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    lol
    i couldn't care less about explaining gay to children, not my issue.
    But i love the when we resort to the "there are mountains of data" approach. As if we are all to dumb to use common sense, so instead must rely on modern science to get us all straightened out
    *chuckle*

    You're so sure of your opinion you can't be bothered to look at facts.

    edit: My own facts are that the kids of gay parents I know seem to be fine.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia Maryland
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    That which is unGodly will fail.
    and this is really what it comes down to but I'm not going to sit on a message board and preach to anybody. If you believe in the word of God as i do then you have every right to oppose this. If you don't which you are not forced to; you really are not bound to anything in this world and can do what ever you want. But when someone wants to recognize the union of marriage between humans and animals don't get all conscious on me then, but be consistent if you say gay marriage is ok.
    PUT RAY RICE & REX RYAN BACK ON THIS TEAM NOW!
    (Notice: if this is now the future and this signature has become outdated because Ray Rice has signed with any of the following cities, Buf, Mia, Ne, Nyj, CIN, CLE, "PIT", Hou, Ind, Jac, Ten, Den, Kc, Oak, Sd, let the record show that I was never in favor of his release) This message has been brought to you in part by the R.R.R.R. Preservation Assoc.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland