Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    We covered that on page one. This IS something he's doing on his free time. Nothing he's done, or likely plans to do, will occur during team activities.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Remind me then where the prohibition of gay marriage appears in the New Testament?
    Sure no problem 1st Corinthians 6: 9

Blog Entries

the subject of this thread was copy n pasted from BR.com. how is the Super Bowl his free time???

So I presume you also support the prohibition of alcohol as well then?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    the subject of this thread was copy n pasted from BR.com. how is the Super Bowl his free time???
    Your inability to read past a headline is a bit disconcerting seeing as how you want to make laws based on snippets of texts from a very old book.

Corinthians 5 also clearly states that one should only pass judgements, even judgements regarding sexual immorality, on those within one's church.

According to your book, it's not your place to judge non-believers or even different kinds of believers to the standards therein, but rather to not associate with those people.

Blog Entries

ActualSpamBot

just give it up! You are obviously taking this issue to heart for whatever reason and at this point it just old and worn out. You have made personal accusations about me based on my spiritual values, you keep trying to twist me up in scriptures as though i picked up a Bible yesterday for the first time and thats all fine. now if you really care about what i believe, which i highly doubt you do, i would love to have a conversation with you about the word of God off line. let me know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You know, I really don't care one-way-or-another about gay marriage itself. And I am not getting involved in this lovely and riveting conversation.

However, I have an issue with using the Super Bowl as a place to champion a political social cause. Especially one that, like it or not, can be a source of division and alienation for some. I don't like when people bring politics into my Synagogue (and make it a point to not discuss politics there), and I feel like to me the Super Bowl should be about the football game and the players, and not a place to "champion" gay marriage.
    I agree with you in theory, but you know several NON-FOOTBALL topics will be covered in Media Week... It's just the nature of the national media. I don't see BA going out of his way to steer an interview towards same sex marriage. I think he'll just choose to speak about it if/when someone asks. He and Chris Kluwe of the Vikings are WELL known for their outspoken support of same sex marriage, so I'm sure a good portion of the questions asked of BA will involve that.

Let's get some obvious out of the way...BA won't be commanding a crowd at media day. I like him, but he's not even top 10 on the popular list of Ravens. He's going to be a guy who will be making the rounds and a few radio stations/writers here and there will grab him for a quick interview. I'm sure that the ones who do will ask him about his noted views, which are news worthy to them because not many sports figures have come out for it as strongly as BA has.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This issue is close to my heart? No shit. You want to deny people I love the same rights you and I enjoy based on your own hypocritical and flawed understanding of a collection of stories written by a tribe of desert nomads between 3000 and 1800 years ago despite the fact that this country was founded on an unshakeable separation of church and state.

Don't witness to me either, it's condescending.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    This issue is close to my heart? No shit. You want to deny people I love the same rights you and I enjoy based on your own hypocritical and flawed understanding of a collection of stories written by a tribe of desert nomads between 3000 and 1800 years ago despite the fact that this country was founded on an unshakeable separation of church and state.

Don't witness to me either, it's condescending.
    As i said in my first post if anyone that is gay is offended by my stance I'm sorry. if you would like i will go back and edit it to include anyone that this issue is close to, i apologize. but to you i extended my personal apologies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    no, no! First you need to realize that i wasn't "owned" as your previous post would suggest.

its not about picking what you want its what the word says. The second part of the Bible (The New Testament) abolishes the laws of old.

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace; Ephesian 2:15

with respect to you, dont just argue with me for the sake of your pride or argument sake if you already know that you don't know what your talking about.
    So...God said "You know what fellas? I'm sorry, I was a little harsh back then...had a drinking problem...but that's in the past now! Here you go. Here's the new ish. BOOM. I just blew your mind."

:D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Oppressing a minority and apologizing while you're doing it does not make it ok to continue oppressing.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.