Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

Really man give it a rest, this annoys me!

If anyone on this board is gay and offended by my stance on this I'm sorry but i just do not agree with this. He has been doing this stuff all year and now you're going to use the Super Bowl as a platform. i know everyone on the team doesn't agree with this.

This is the kind of thing you do on your free time not as a representative of the ravens!

Re: Brendon Ayanbadejo plans to champion same-sex marriage at the Super Bowl

BA just make sure you don't let someone score any TDs for the Niners on a punt or kick return okay brah?!

Do you feel the same way in reguards to Ray and his love of God and using his NFL career as a platform to praise him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinJax View Post
    Do you feel the same way in reguards to Ray and his love of God and using his NFL career as a platform to praise him?
    Nope!

Blog Entries

I'm done with Ayanbadejo. I watch football to get away from this crap.

Heck no. Ray Lewis has been praising God for the majority of his career while giving us his all on the football field and giving back to the community off of it. BA? Uh, not so much. It may be a double standard but I feel comfortable in that position anyway.

I would say the difference between the 2 is that Ray is being approached for an interview and manages to fit god into an answer about football. I personally am not interested in spiritual enlightenment when he answers a question pertaining to football, but he certainly feels it's relevant to his beliefs. If BA mattered enough he would be sought out for an interview and in the context he could tie in gay marriage to answering a football question, good for him. Other than taking what some may see as taking a provocative position, no one cares what BA thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Heck no. Ray Lewis has been praising God for the majority of his career while giving us his all on the football field and giving back to the community off of it. BA? Uh, not so much. It may be a double standard but I feel comfortable in that position anyway.
    BA has been championing social causes for the majority of his career while giving his all on the football field and giving back to the community off it.

In other words, not only are you being a hypocrite by supporting one player's right to express his deeply held and meaningful beliefs but not another's, you're also flat wrong about the reason.
    Last edited by ActualSpamBot; 01-24-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    , no one cares what BA thinks.
    I'd say the millions of gay men and women who's rights he's speaking up for on the biggest platform imaginable care. As do I.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Does anybody have a link to a story that confirms that Ayanbadejo plans to do this at the Super Bowl? If not, I question why the heck the moderators moved this to the football page.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Here's a thought BA - having nothing to do with your social philosophy...how about you just focus on the fucking game at hand? Mmmmkay?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here's a thought BA - having nothing to do with your social philosophy...how about you just focus on the fucking game at hand? Mmmmkay?
    :word

If this is true, he should be bench for not fully committing to prepping for the game.

You want to focus on this do it on your time.