Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Except he must not have read my whole post. Yea, a question mark may may have been missing. Ray was never convicted of murder. Ray did learn and has been a contibutor on the field and off the field.. I am a fan of football and Ray Lewis. Not a fan of people who cannot understand a post that was defending Ray Lewis. Read the whole post next time.
    No need to get defensive. In fairness to everyone, your post was not worded well and was definitely unclear as to what you were trying to say.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Re: I guess we should all be/get ready for the Ray Lewis murder case stories for the next 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Except he must not have read my whole post. Yea, a question mark may may have been missing. Ray was never convicted of murder. Ray did learn and has been a contibutor on the field and off the field.. I am a fan of football and Ray Lewis. Not a fan of people who cannot understand a post that was defending Ray Lewis. Read the whole post next time.
    How about not starting your post with ray Lewis murdered someone next then?

I think the most telling thing is that ever since the incident, Ray has been nothing short of a model citizen. Not a single dust-up since.

Collossal eff-ups will find a way to get in trouble again. You see it with other football players as well as with other people in general.

That's not been the case with Ray, which only confirms to me that his involvement didn't stretch beyond covering up for some bad-seed friends. The man let loyalty get in the way of common sense, he paid a reasonable price, and he moved on and learned from the experience and bettered himself.

Case closed. (Literally).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    I think the most telling thing is that ever since the incident, Ray has been nothing short of a model citizen. Not a single dust-up since.

Collossal eff-ups will find a way to get in trouble again. You see it with other football players as well as with other people in general.

That's not been the case with Ray, which only confirms to me that his involvement didn't stretch beyond covering up for some bad-seed friends. The man let loyalty get in the way of common sense, he paid a reasonable price, and he moved on and learned from the experience and bettered himself.

Case closed. (Literally).
    :word

Big Ben couldn't go consecutive off seasons without raping a woman before he got married, but only because his case never saw the light of day he is "innocent."
    Ray Lewis goes to court (for keeping it real with the hoods he grew up with), and clears his name in a court of law, but he is "guilty."
    I don't get it, no one mentions anything else except that incidence when trying to prove that the Ravens are "thugs," but what has really happened since? Jamal Lewis goes to jail for some college transgression, Ravens give Donte Stallworth the benefit of a doubt after a tragic accident (he didn't back down or hide from the incident either he faced it like a man), somebody who no longer plays for the Ravens got caught with some pot, T-Sizzle surrenders some weapons after allegations of abuse this year (nothing more public than that), a couple of DUI's here and there. Where are all of the thugs I keep hearing about?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I agree. After the Ravens won the game I had all these Pittsburgh people start the hole murderer thing.

"Haters gonna hate"
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

7. 5 Myths About Ray Lewis' Murder Trial

Really good blog at CBS News. Good amo to tell haters to STFU

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...-murder-trial/

Good stuff.

Glad you posted.

Re: 5 Myths About Ray Lewis' Murder Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Beddow View Post
    Really good blog at CBS News. Good amo to tell haters to STFU

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...-murder-trial/
    Haters should also know that the guys who were stabbed were far from innocent. They brought their criminal records with them on their move from Akron OH to Atlanta, and started the violence by hitting a member of Ray's party over the head with a champagne bottle (that's info that is key to the self defense verdict).

A bad scene all around; I'm sure their families loved them and I personally don't think they deserved to die for their actions. But if street toughs hit some guy in a crowd of guys who are the size of NFL players over the head, you'd think they wouldn't be surprised by the consequences. Just sayin'

Blog Entries

Good little summary of the basic misconceptions. Ignorance is only tolerated when knowledge isnt available. Anybody that says something about ray that has internet access should be sent this immediately.
    -JAB

"He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny."

They charged him with murder knowing damn right well he didn't stab anyone, but that it would cause him to plea out and testify against his "friends." There aren't too many people in his situation who wouldn't have done the same exact thing.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

The pathetic thing about this is, there are still people who could hear or read that item, and STILL would continue to believe, say, post, etc., that Lewis murdered two guys, that he did this or that, etc. etc. If you don't believe that, just watch how many people post online to those types of articles, and the stupid, silly shit that they say even after being presented with unadulterated, documented facts.

As a matter of fact, just read through some of the threads on this forum to see how much attention some folks pay to either posted facts, or just plain reading through a thread before they post something completely in contrast to reality.

Of course, I never make mistakes or fail to read every post in a thread, or misinterpret anyone else's posts, or get any of my "facts" wrong, or....