Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeing a lot of people claim Kaepernick played the best in the Championship Game weekend...

He did have the highest passer rating... but I disagree he played the best. That distinction has to go to Flacco. He was asked to do the most (well, actually I suppose Matt Ryan was asked to do the most, but he didn't succeed in anything besides choking the game away, so he's kind of eliminated from this discussion).

On the Ravens' four scoring drives, Flacco threw the ball 25 times, carried it once for 14 yards, and had his running backs carry it 11 times for 53 yards.

Counting his passes and that one rushing attempt, he accounted for over 70% of the plays on those drives, and his running backs contributed 4.8 yards per carry on a little under 30% of the plays.

On the 49ers four scoring drives, Kaepernick threw the ball 13 times, carried it once for 23 yards, and had his running backs carry it 17 times for 94 yards.

Counting his passes and that one rushing attempt, he accounted for about 45% of the plays on those drives, and his running backs contributed 5.5 yards per carry on about 55% of the plays.

Flacco was clearly asked to do more, so I'm more impressed by his numbers.

Plus, Kaepernick handed it off to his running backs every time they got in the red zone. Flacco actually passed it in the red zone with great success, which I find much more impressive, obviously.

Re: Seeing a lot of people claim Kaepernick played the best in the Championship Game weekend...

CK is the the flavor of the SB, Flacco is a Raven. Don't get upset, the media will talk about Ray Lewis and his trouble many years ago. See how that works, one is about the 9ers and football. One is about shit none related to football. Media has to get back at the Ravens for playing better then forecasted by the talking heads. If the Sb is won by the Ravens, watched for facial expressions by the media. It will look like someone farted in the room. LOL

Re: Seeing a lot of people claim Kaepernick played the best in the Championship Game weekend...

Quite frankly, who cares? All I care about is who's team wins on 2/3.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Flacco has far and away been the best quarterback in the playoffs. Look at the stats from advancednflstats.com: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playe...s=QB&season=po

His WPA is 0.56 higher than the next closest QB.

It is simple to me.
    NO ONE has beaten the Patriots/Belicheat/Brady in an AFC Championship game in Foxboro...until now.
    The Niners beat Atlanta with Matt Ryan (who had taken 5 years to win one playoff game...and it was at home, with Seattle flying across the country and whom had taken the lead with 31 seconds left. Seattle went into a prevent defense to keep themselves from winning.)

Which was the bigger win?
    To me, this Super Bowl will be a great game.
    Anything is possible with two great defenses and two dynamic offenses on the field.
    I actually like Jacoby Jones and Jimmy Smith to play huge roles in this game.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I'm with esmd. Who cares about power polls, rankings, people claiming this guy or that is "better", etc.? (and for that matter, what does "better" actually mean?)

I'm fine with Brady named as bestest ever to play the position, and Manning named as Comeback Player of the Year, and Luck as the best new QB along with Kaepernick, and whoever else is proclaimed the Flavor of the Month...just let the Ravens win the Super Bowl, and I'll suffer along in my misery!

Joe was outside on a cold windy day.
    Kaep in a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    I'm with esmd. Who cares about power polls, rankings, people claiming this guy or that is "better", etc.? (and for that matter, what does "better" actually mean?)

...just let the Ravens win the Super Bowl, and I'll suffer along in my misery!
    This. And only this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    It is simple to me.
    NO ONE has beaten the Patriots/Belicheat/Brady in an AFC Championship game in Foxboro...until now.
    The Niners beat Atlanta with Matt Ryan (who had taken 5 years to win one playoff game...and it was at home, with Seattle flying across the country and whom had taken the lead with 31 seconds left. Seattle went into a prevent defense to keep themselves from winning.)

Which was the bigger win?
    To me, this Super Bowl will be a great game.
    Anything is possible with two great defenses and two dynamic offenses on the field.
    I actually like Jacoby Jones and Jimmy Smith to play huge roles in this game.
    I can see Jimmy Smith coming up big. He was a way of doing that in big games.

What I like is our offense has the best weapons to emulate the Saints game.......real speed at WR, and tough possession receivers, and now two running backs with different styles. And Caldwell can game-plan a Dome gain.

On defense we can't rush past Kaeperneck, they have to be disciplined about not going too wide, because that is where he can take off on you. I am sure they are working on the with Tyrod today.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    On defense we can't rush past Kaeperneck, they have to be disciplined about not going too wide, because that is where he can take off on you. I am sure they are working on the with Tyrod today.....
    They can't go too wide or too deep. The interior of the D is going to have to step up to stop Gore. Against Green Bay, Kaepernick got a lot of yards with his feet because the ends were rushing the passer instead of trying contain a running QB. There's a bit of damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't here: controlling the edge will limit the pass rush to a considerable degree. Between his feet and his arm, I'd rather force Kaepernick to try and win the game passing, however. Williams and Graham have both stepped up big in coverage in the postseason, and we still have Ed Reed.

The Niners have a lot more to worry about in containing the Ravens offense than the Ravens have to worry about containing the Niners offense.

In a dome, with the speed of the Ravens, the arm of Flacco, it's going to be very difficult for the Niners to stop them. Especially if their pass rush continues to be so anemic.

Flacco balled out for sure. But so did kaep. Especially being down 17 on the road with dome noise. But I'd say they were both about even in terms of who played the best.