He did have the highest passer rating... but I disagree he played the best. That distinction has to go to Flacco. He was asked to do the most (well, actually I suppose Matt Ryan was asked to do the most, but he didn't succeed in anything besides choking the game away, so he's kind of eliminated from this discussion).

On the Ravens' four scoring drives, Flacco threw the ball 25 times, carried it once for 14 yards, and had his running backs carry it 11 times for 53 yards.

Counting his passes and that one rushing attempt, he accounted for over 70% of the plays on those drives, and his running backs contributed 4.8 yards per carry on a little under 30% of the plays.

On the 49ers four scoring drives, Kaepernick threw the ball 13 times, carried it once for 23 yards, and had his running backs carry it 17 times for 94 yards.

Counting his passes and that one rushing attempt, he accounted for about 45% of the plays on those drives, and his running backs contributed 5.5 yards per carry on about 55% of the plays.

Flacco was clearly asked to do more, so I'm more impressed by his numbers.

Plus, Kaepernick handed it off to his running backs every time they got in the red zone. Flacco actually passed it in the red zone with great success, which I find much more impressive, obviously.