Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SoundFX AFCCG

Re: SoundFX AFCCG

What happened to One Winning Drive this week? I thought the show comes on Monday?

2. Re: SoundFX AFCCG

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...-over-Patriots

Usually they have a full program on Wed. but it's not coming on tonight.
    Just checked and the Championship Week Sound Fx will be on NFL Network tonight at 9. At 8 they will be showing the Sound Fx from Harbowl I.

That was some great stuff. I got choked up a little seeing Ed take knee and trying to let it all sink in after the final whistle.

4. Re: SoundFX AFCCG

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I agree 100%. I think he stayed at home and didn't free lance against Brady and Manning the last two games. They're both smart enough to stay away from him if possible. I think Kaepernick, who has never faced Reed, will make AT LEAST one mistake and maybe more then that. It's tough for new QB's who have never faced him to understand how well he reads QB's and plays just by watching film.
    Definitely. Those guys are able to match wits with him, and he didn't make a lot of noise because they weren't throwing near him, basically. I think he'll fool Kaepernick into a mistake or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I thought it was cool how Belichick told Reed to "finish it." I know he catches flack for not being chummy with the media, but I think there's a heart in there somewhere. :)
    That's just phase 1 of his Ed Reed to New England recruitment drive.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Best line in the whole thing:

Logan Mankins: "well, that's heartbreaking"

Don't you even TALK to Baltimore about heartbreaking, Mr. Mankins! Now you know what it felt like from our side last year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Don't you even TALK to Baltimore about heartbreaking, Mr. Mankins! Now you know what it felt like from our side last year.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

I still don't think he knows. I could have gotten over a beatdown much more easily than the way we lost the AFCCG last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I still don't think he knows. I could have gotten over a beatdown much more easily than the way we lost the AFCCG last year.

It never feels good to lose, but at least when you lose convincingly you know you had your hat handed to you by a better team and it's less tempting to get sucked into the "what if" mentality afterward. It's a bummer but after a little while you can (mostly) let it go and move on, and think about how to do better next year.

But when you blow a trip to the Super Bowl because of one dropped pass and a shanked easy field goal, when it feels like you could and should have won a squeaker-close game, that's when your heart breaks and the what-ifs never end... until you win it the very next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I thought it was cool how Belichick told Reed to "finish it." I know he catches flack for not being chummy with the media, but I think there's a heart in there somewhere. :)
    No surprise to me. Bill has long loved Ed and that is why many think he will wind up in NE.

Figure that the Ravens win on 2/3. Ed gets his ring and then goes to help arguably the greatest QB in league history get another ring after failing for the last 8 years+. He'd be the leader of the defense and may raise the level of play of several of their talented but young db's. The only issue with that happening is that NE isn't going to pay Ed more than $4mil/year. If that happens, I see him going to the Saints where he would be a conquering hero in helping return the Saints to glory.

He is not coming back to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    No surprise to me. Bill has long loved Ed and that is why many think he will wind up in NE.

Figure that the Ravens win on 2/3. Ed gets his ring and then goes to help arguably the greatest QB in league history get another ring after failing for the last 8 years+. He'd be the leader of the defense and may raise the level of play of several of their talented but young db's. The only issue with that happening is that NE isn't going to pay Ed more than $4mil/year. If that happens, I see him going to the Saints where he would be a conquering hero in helping return the Saints to glory.

He is not coming back to Baltimore.
    I could stomach him going to the Saints I guess. Seeing him in a NE uni would make me barf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That is part of it too, he says it so off the cuff. Like "well, I guess I won't be having coffee today. That's heartbreaking". No real emotion just "wellll....that sucked."

Guess that's partially a credit to his character, that he knows they had a good year and it's just a game. But he doesn't SOUND too heartbroken about it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!