Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

You guys' dislike for Brady is somewhat creepy. The guy never says anything remotely insulting to any of his opponents. He never throws his coaches or teammates under the bus. He's always saying the right thing. He's competitive and sometimes asks for a flag, but everybody does that. How many times have we seen any of your receivers throw their hands up after they think they've been interfered. It's almost automatic now for receivers to beg for flags. QBs, from what all former and current NFL players have said, are the toughest guys out there. They stand there and get lit up and for the most part, they can't protect themselves. I've seen Brady get nailed countless of times and he just gets back up. Granted that Reed kick was cheap and he's admitted it as much, but there are a lot more @$$hats in the NFL than Brady.

He never gets in legal trouble. Is heavily involved in charity work. Is one of the most fan friendly superstars out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    You guys' dislike for Brady is somewhat creepy. The guy never says anything remotely insulting to any of his opponents. He never throws his coaches or teammates under the bus. He's always saying the right thing. He's competitive and sometimes asks for a flag, but everybody does that. How many times have we seen any of your receivers throw their hands up after they think they've been interfered. It's almost automatic now for receivers to beg for flags. QBs, from what all former and current NFL players have said, are the toughest guys out there. They stand there and get lit up and for the most part, they can't protect themselves. I've seen Brady get nailed countless of times and he just gets back up. Granted that Reed kick was cheap and he's admitted it as much, but there are a lot more @$$hats in the NFL than Brady.

He never gets in legal trouble. Is heavily involved in charity work. Is one of the most fan friendly superstars out there.
    It pretty much started with this

and this

Not to mention

:p

but there are a lot more @$$hats in the NFL than Brady.
    We beg to differ...

Lee_bestbuddies5_g.jpg
    tom_brady_slide.jpg
    tom-brady-hair.jpg
    tom-brady-rio-dance.jpg

I've seen Brady play many times over the years and this is the only time I've thought he deserved to be fined, it was a cheap shot. Get over yourself, I really don't give him or the Patriots that much thought. Yeah he's a whiner and there is plenty of evidence that points to that, but he's a good quarterback and I don't hate the guy.

If you want to see what hate is, go to your beloved Patriots message board and preach to them. Compared to what's on that board, this is tame by comparison. You can't take the high ground here with your own fan base standing behind you.

Not creepy, creepy is you posting on this forum again. Thought you wouldn't be back after you told us how much better the pats were then the Ravens.Then the Ravens hold the high scoring pats to 0 points in the 2nd half and the Ravens offense (well,you already know what they did). Brady been a pain in the ass for all teams that he faced. The teams that were run over by brady,so he could pad his stats and make NFL replay weekly, probably had issues with him too. Playing poor teams with average defenses is what helped brady get to the post season. Well, the Ravens beat him twice this year, gotta be arecord broke somewhere doing that. Stop defending brady, he's a (well whatever) and just discuss the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Not creepy, creepy is you posting on this forum again. Thought you wouldn't be back after you told us how much better the pats were then the Ravens.Then the Ravens hold the high scoring pats to 0 points in the 2nd half and the Ravens offense (well,you already know what they did). Brady been a pain in the ass for all teams that he faced. The teams that were run over by brady,so he could pad his stats and make NFL replay weekly, probably had issues with him too. Playing poor teams with average defenses is what helped brady get to the post season. Well, the Ravens beat him twice this year, gotta be arecord broke somewhere doing that. Stop defending brady, he's a (well whatever) and just discuss the game.
    So you think Brady pads his stats to make NFL replay weekly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I was originally talking about their WRs ducking their heads to make purposeful contact to fish/draw a flag when making a catch. Helmet-to-helmet is not illegal on a runner.
    yeah but this is a good move by the receiver. (as long as they don't get their bell rung) Even incidental helmet glazing is being called

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

patsfan--
    FWIW, I think the enmity for Brady arises very much from the incidents that justlovemybirds posted. To Brady's credit, and from personal viewing, I see a lot less whining from him over the past x number of years than I feel like I used to see, and perhaps he's "matured" as a footballer, but his "Oh, Mr. Referee, the bad boys on defense actually touched me, where's the flag?" bullshit of yore was not what I would expect of a world class QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah but this is a good move by the receiver. (as long as they don't get their bell rung) Even incidental helmet glazing is being called
    Unless it's Pitta.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    going back to our other discussion, id still say this wasnt a fair amount. Suh's kick, while i think was intentional and dirty and has no place, was still a lot less noticeably tried and more importantly potentially damaging than what Brady did. this to me is barely acknowledging it.

Agreed!

Hey guys, keep these pics coming. They are tooooo fuinnnny. Don't let this thread die. ILMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    She should have been fined more but at least they did fine Her Royal Highness. Has there ever been a bigger mangina in the history of the sport?

Dan Marino

So you think Brady pads his stats to make NFL replay weekly?
    I've observed a number of games where the Pats had a 4-TD lead late in Q4 and still had Brady on the field throwing the ball (e.g. Colts and Dolphins games this year, and a number of occasions in previous years). That may be BB's way of driving a point home, but it hardly seems necessary.