Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60
  1. #31

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick



    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Now the NFL can move on to investigate why the Patriots WRs "Duck" their heads to spear defenders in the head, fishing for helmet-to-hemet penalty calls. Am I the only one who noticed this? When I watched the game online yesterday and then again last night, I noticed this. While I think it's a decent offensive strategy, (Patriots do their best to push the rules within the rules limits), it is dangerous and makes a mockery of the "helmet to helmet contact" rule and the NFL's desire to limit head injuries. If it somehow comes out later that the Pats organization coaches this concept... will the NFL come down hard on them similar to bounty gate?
    Interesting. Also how brady was not given a penalty for moving around on the trick snap. Rice moved his shoulders earlier and was called.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    LOL - I love all the pics in this thread espescially the last one on Joe.

    He's talking to all those Flacco haters. Where are they now? ILMAO




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    777
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Wow! I stand corrected. The amount is light, but it is the principle that I appreciate (even if Gore got fined $500 more for having his socks too low).




  4. #34

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Suh got $30,000 but he kicked the guy in the groin.

    One thing though, we can't call Brady Marsha anymore.
    going back to our other discussion, id still say this wasnt a fair amount. Suh's kick, while i think was intentional and dirty and has no place, was still a lot less noticeably tried and more importantly potentially damaging than what Brady did. this to me is barely acknowledging it.
    -JAB




  5. #35

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Check out how this ESPN Boston article soft pedals the play:

    During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid to the ground to end an impromptu run. The star quarterback had one leg raised a few feet off the ground and it hit Reed, who emerged from the play without injury.

    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...cording-source
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    CoverD--
    "But Brady...good god, he really needs to get lit up by someone again. And I hope it's courtesy of Bernard Pollard once more."

    Sorry to break the bad news, but ain't gonna happen...this season!!!




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Interesting. Also how brady was not given a penalty for moving around on the trick snap. Rice moved his shoulders earlier and was called.
    I don't get how that wasn't a false start. I've seen Rivers get a false start for moving his hands too much on a hard count.




  8. #38

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't get how that wasn't a false start. I've seen Rivers get a false start for moving his hands too much on a hard count.
    I don't know how that rule is written, but Brady was never set... We've seen some QBs get a way with a lot of movement (Manning) and some barely any. It's weird... I wish the officials would address it and just be consistent with a rule, whether it's the original rule or a new rewritten rule that is well defined.

    I mean... a RB, FB, WRs, and TEs all have to be set before the snap of the ball. I also noticed Welker still moving when they snapped it on his scoring play. Also, I haven't heard anyone bring up the no call on the late hit/interference on Ed Reed's Fair catch. You could hear the crack of the pads/helmet to helmet hit on that play... lame.




  9. #39

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    By comparison, 49ers running back Frank Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low in the NFC championship. Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was fined $10,000 last year for calling his wife on the sideline to let her know he was okay after taking a hit to the head.
    NFL is really sending a message with this...
    -JAB




  10. #40

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Now how many games is he getting suspended for?

    I don't want to wish injury on any player, but I would have liked to see him get a torn ACL for that dirty kick. Just to see if he could come back as quick as T-Sizzle.
    That was basically my first thought when I watched him do it. He was taking a huge risk sticking his leg/ankle out before an NFL collision. Reed saved him by avoiding contact.

    Now about about the contact on Reed after he signalled for and made a fair catch? I have never seen that NOT called before; IIRC a flag was thrown and picked up on that play. 'Splain please, Lucy.




  11. #41

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Now the NFL can move on to investigate why the Patriots WRs "Duck" their heads to spear defenders in the head, fishing for helmet-to-hemet penalty calls. Am I the only one who noticed this? When I watched the game online yesterday and then again last night, I noticed this. While I think it's a decent offensive strategy, (Patriots do their best to push the rules within the rules limits), it is dangerous and makes a mockery of the "helmet to helmet contact" rule and the NFL's desire to limit head injuries. If it somehow comes out later that the Pats organization coaches this concept... will the NFL come down hard on them similar to bounty gate?
    Good point. I re-watched the game last night and the receiver ducked his head down into Ray's head which was at the height of his torso. Conversely, if I'm a receiver and I'm expecting to get lit up, I may duck and get to the ground quickly. So I'm not certain they teach that, but I wouldn't doubt it. I've seen Ravens all year obviously trying to avoid the head to head collisions yet still getting penalized. I could argue either way on some of those, but some were questionable. The worst was Pollard getting called when he used the side of his body to make contact.

    Although not a penalty, Pollard's hit on Ridley was on of the most devastating hits all year. Ridley was out cold which is clearly severe head trauma. Again, the runner chose to duck his head into Pollard and is therefore equally responsible for the collision. Unknowledgeable Patriots fans feel that was a dirty play by Pollard.

    Honestly, I expect the trend to continue and may evolve into a game I'll have no interest in watching.




  12. #42

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    That was basically my first thought when I watched him do it. He was taking a huge risk sticking his leg/ankle out before an NFL collision. Reed saved him by avoiding contact.

    Now about about the contact on Reed after he signalled for and made a fair catch? I have never seen that NOT called before; IIRC a flag was thrown and picked up on that play. 'Splain please, Lucy.
    the only way thats not called is if he bobbled or dropped it. What i saw was Reed misjudge it and catch it low to the ground but cleanly before getting popped. I dont remember there being a flag at all on the play but i could be mistaken.
    -JAB




  13. #43

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the only way thats not called is if he bobbled or dropped it. What i saw was Reed misjudge it and catch it low to the ground but cleanly before getting popped. I dont remember there being a flag at all on the play but i could be mistaken.
    No penalty was called, although I clearly heard the impact. I don't understand either why that wasn't a penalty.




  14. #44

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    I'm glad he was fined. 'Bout time




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Tom Brady fined 10k for reed kick

    Just a quick opinion on the Pollard-Ridley collision--
    FWIW, and IMHO, Pollard did less to "hit" Ridley than Ridley did to "spear" Pollard with his helmet - bigfish's "the runner chose to duck his head into Pollard". The initial broadcast and replays clearly indicate that Ridley did almost a double-dip to get his helmet down to a level where contact could occur. Whether or not he purposefully tried to draw a call/penalty, I cannot say. But it was very clear that Pollard's effort on that play was not to hit Ridley in the helmet.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland