Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Re: Cam Speaks

You have to give the guy a ring- it might not have worked out, but he made a big contribution to where we are now, and was the perfect OC when Flacco came into the league.

Any time a young QB pans out, whoever was his first stable OC deserves credit for initial development.
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven

Eh call me cynical, but the only reason Cam is rooting for the Ravens is because he wants that ring too lol and he knows Biscuit is class through and through so he'll get one. The irony is that if Cam was still the OC we wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl, so meh to him. Hope he finds another job though. Preferably with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If they win it all he should get a ring and I feel confident that he will since it's Biscotti's decision and he's a class act. This offense achieved a lot with Cam and he deserves some credit even though it was past time to move on.
    He held us back for the last few years. Without him we would've probably been in a few super bowls already.

Its nice to hear theres no hard feelings. Besides Rex (on some occasions) and a player or two here and there, typically people have nothing but good things to say about the Ravens. Thats the definition of a class act organization in my book.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm no Cam fan, but his legacy (and career) would have been much different had Evans/Cundiff not screwed us.

I have no doubt his inability to adapt/be flexible held Flacco back, and quite often his scheme put our guys in a position to fail (not succeed).

Easy to look back and see how he might have cost us in recent playoff games...3 points against the Colts in the playoffs? The collapse in Pitts? But we also have to look at player execution and turnovers.

He should get a ring, but I am glad our OFF is no longer stuck in the mud of Cam's dated, inflexible schemes.

Honestly though, if you were him, would you want it, getting it like that? It's one thing for the equipment guy to get one cause he's still doing his job, no matter how insignificant. Not being involved at the end, not being involved somehow at the the end, would taint it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Eh call me cynical, but the only reason Cam is rooting for the Ravens is because he wants that ring too lol and he knows Biscuit is class through and through so he'll get one. The irony is that if Cam was still the OC we wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl, so meh to him. Hope he finds another job though. Preferably with the Steelers.
    the 1st sentence makes you Mr Cynical

Cam has always been pure class off the field. Thankfully the Org made the right decision and made the move, but no need for me to root against Cam.

I've campaigned for Cam's dismissal for at least the last two years so I'm very happy that he's gone.

But it was a football thing, not personal. I don't think anyone can question that Cam was trying his best. He never came up short on effort. And he actually did a good job, IMO, in his first couple of years as a Raven. He just lacks the skills we need now.

So if we win the SB, Cam should get a ring if he wants one.

Blog Entries

Cam's record here stands on its own.

We were focused on the negatives, meaning the inflexability, the lack of timely adjustments

He did develop Flacco, keep him (as a totally green starting rookie) from getting killed.... (there was the one severe thigh bruise time frame)....

We couldn't fully develop with Cam and he deserves a ring recognition.... just that it will have irony in that he helped get it but wouldn't have gotten it if he stayed. We still have to get it though before this discussion becomes live
    To understand paranoid people better, follow them around.

Just because Cam was let go, it doesn't change his friendship and love for the people and the organization he's been with for 5 years.... or their friendship and love for him. While his play calling was not working out this year, it had it's good moments and bad moments over the past 5 seasons. Where would Joe be today without him? Better... worse? We'll never know. In an odd way, the offensive struggle over the years and what these players and coaches have learned through the struggle and constantly trying what didn't work, has taught them what does work.

Thanks Cam! I hope you get a ring.

Blog Entries

Exactly right. CAM was the one who got Joe started. DeCosta told us at Nest 1 that neither he or Oz ever heard of Flacco until
    their East Coast scout called Eric and said you gotta see this guy at Delaware. He's the real deal. Eric said I never even been
    to Delaware and didn't know anyone in the state much less a QB. It was so hard for me to go to that campus and give him a
    high grade.

So ERic waited for Joe to come down here to play Towson State. He went to the pre-game practice and saw this giant
    walk on the field, pick up a fooball and throw it 40 yards and laid it on a dime and he said, damn, I gotta see this guy. Then
    he took all his scouts to see JOe come back in the last 2 mins to beat Navy- sound familiar like in Denver - huh?????
    Every scout turned in an A for Joe and then went to work on him.

HARBs was hired and he brought in CAM. Eric said here's CAM looking for a new house to move his family and I asked him
    to work Joe out at Delaware. It was just Cam and me plus the scout and Joe and his coach and dad. CAM loved him and
    said to draft him. CAM was also impressed how Joe quickly changed some basic mechanics when he asked him to. CAM
    was on the Flacco bandwagon.

Eric told us Im not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he was there because of all the work my dept did on
    Flacco. Everyone liked Ryan but I liked Joe and Joe goes to the Super Bowl first and with all those great receivers Ryan
    had down there. We're in the SB cause Joe was/is the hottest QB in the POs.

CAM also said that day in Delaware that I'm the only one who talks to JOe. He didn't want 50 coaches giving him mixed
    signals. So they bring Zorn in and there's a conflict but maybe that's why. CAM didn't want too many people confusing him.
    Joe seemed to dislike CAM for some reason over the years but CAM got him started and Caldwell finished the Flacco
    package. Caldwell said Manning is still doing the same drills I taught him 10 years ago. Now Flacco is too.

CAM is a big part of Joe's success and deserves a ring and another OC job and he'll get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He held us back for the last few years. Without him we would've probably been in a few super bowls already.
    You think it was his fault they lost those two AFCCs but no credit for getting there? Ok
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

And one last thing. Casserly was on TV talking about Flacco about a month before the POs. He's the
    former GM of the Skins who gave Joe Gibbs all that SB talent during the 90s and was the first GM
    of the Houston franchise and set them up from the beginning.

He said Joe is doing so well this year because he is finally reading the defenses as soon as he walks
    up to the line. He is checking down when he has to and going to his secondary receiver.

They always say it takes time to train an NFL QB and JOe finally did it all right this year and so did
    Ryan who just missed the SB coming in at the same time as Joe.

Really? Out of which orifice?

Another article in the N.Y. Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/sp...nds.html?_r=1&

Some in the punditry business have cited Cameron’s firing as a catalyst for the team’s success. If you think this annoys him, think again.

“It was a brilliant move,” Cameron said Wednesday at his home outside Baltimore. “Everyone on the team took a look in the mirror after that.”