Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Cam Speaks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...49ers/1858343/

"No hard feelings," he says. "I had a great, great five years. I respect the decision they made. That doesn't mean I have to like it."

he adds: "It's funny, you go from being an offensive coordinator to a fan in a split second. People think that's hard to do, but for me, it's not hard. How can you not pull for Joe and Matt Birk and Torrey and Jacoby and Ray and Marshal and Dennis, and Ray Lewis?"
    For all the crap he (mostly deservedly) received, I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Re: Cam Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

For all the crap he (mostly deservedly) received, I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.
    He almost got a job this year. In the next year or so he'll have a coordinator position either in the NFL or in college.

Since he was part of the team for more than half the season, would he still get a ring?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Since he was part of the team for more than half the season, would he still get a ring?
    This was debated on 1057, basically it's Steve B's decision. Every current coach and player gets one for sure. The team gets an allotment of X dollars for their rings, owner can decide to pay for any extras out of pocket.

FWIW, Scott Garceau got one in 2000. He said he was pretty sure Steve B would give Cam a ring, seemed like the right thing to do.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I know it's wikipedia, but:

The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players, despite not having been on the winning roster.[2][3] Sometimes a team will give rings to fans as part of a charity raffle.[4] Teams can distribute any number of rings, but must pay for any over the 150-ring limit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

he adds: "It's funny, you go from being an offensive coordinator to a fan in a split second. People think that's hard to do, but for me, it's not hard. How can you not pull for Joe and Matt Birk and Torrey and Jacoby and Ray and Marshal and Dennis, and Ray Lewis?"
    Notice how Boldin isn't mentioned there?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That article left off the secretaries and broadcasters. I know Scott and Matte got SB 35
    rings and so did the front office people.

Didn't know that about former players. It would be nice to give one to Heap and Mason
    since they contributed so much and should have made it but for some dropped balls.

CAM definitely deserves one for contributing to the wins before he left.

Georgia Frontier-sp, the owner of the Rams took a man-sized ring instead of the smaller
    one for her smaller fingers. She also kept the original SB 5 trophy her husband
    stole when he traded the Colts to Irsay for the Rams.

Irsay bitched so mucn the comish had a replica made because he was afraid of
    Rosenbloom. It's the only replica ever made of the SB trophy. The original was
    last seen in Georgia's sun room. Her daughter probably has it now in hers as she
    sold the team. The replica now sits in the Babe Ruth Museum. Irsay returned it
    to the city and other Colts memorabilia to settle the law suit out of court.

Here's pics of all the SB rings. They are larger from the earliest ones. Matt Stover
    was speaking at a camp and said, this ring is kind of heavy, would you hold it for me
    as he gave it to my nephew sitting up front. He freaked out.

One of the Ravens passed his ring around the room as he spoke to us at Nest 1.
    It was like a monument to the hand.

It's surprising though how many former players hock them later in life. A cable show
    about pawn shops in Vegas has an entire case of original SB rings that were traded in.
    It still might be possible for a Ravens fan to buy one out there if they have any-lol.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82...000d5d82618701
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-23-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Blog Entries

If they win it all he should get a ring and I feel confident that he will since it's Biscotti's decision and he's a class act. This offense achieved a lot with Cam and he deserves some credit even though it was past time to move on.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I know that some regular sideline/equipment people got them in 2000 so I'm sure just about everyone within the organization will get one this time if they win. That's just how Steve is.

I'm not surprised to hear Cam speak well of the guys.

By all accounts he was a classy guy. I would guess/hope he's doing fine, and when the right opportunity presents itself he'll land on his feet.

I would expect a guy with a fairly static system would do well in the college game, where the players come and go but the system can remain.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Cam seemed very classy in that article and I hope he can land another job somewhere. I truly wish him well. It does, however, blow my theory that he is sitting home with a voodoo doll sticking pins in it Glad to hear he's still cheering our boys on.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

The timeline for "How the Ravens reached the Super Bowl" on that page is pretty cool...