Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Re: Cam Speaks

I'm pleased he has not hard feelings and I wish him well. At the same time I'm glad he's no longer here.

Nice article

Maybe Cam will get a top college job like Greg Mattison did

Cam was passionate about Michigan anyway, in the video conferences if he saw a reporter with a Michigan cap he'd be asking straight away "you a Michigan guy?"

Lets not forget Cam is a ego maniac who likely cost the Ravens a SB appearance somewhere down the line. If he was still OC I highly doubt Ravens are in this years SB. I can care less about the guy, who put himself above the team.

You have to give the guy a ring- it might not have worked out, but he made a big contribution to where we are now, and was the perfect OC when Flacco came into the league.

Any time a young QB pans out, whoever was his first stable OC deserves credit for initial development.

Eh call me cynical, but the only reason Cam is rooting for the Ravens is because he wants that ring too lol and he knows Biscuit is class through and through so he'll get one. The irony is that if Cam was still the OC we wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl, so meh to him. Hope he finds another job though. Preferably with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If they win it all he should get a ring and I feel confident that he will since it's Biscotti's decision and he's a class act. This offense achieved a lot with Cam and he deserves some credit even though it was past time to move on.
    He held us back for the last few years. Without him we would've probably been in a few super bowls already.

Blog Entries

Its nice to hear theres no hard feelings. Besides Rex (on some occasions) and a player or two here and there, typically people have nothing but good things to say about the Ravens. Thats the definition of a class act organization in my book.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm no Cam fan, but his legacy (and career) would have been much different had Evans/Cundiff not screwed us.

I have no doubt his inability to adapt/be flexible held Flacco back, and quite often his scheme put our guys in a position to fail (not succeed).

Easy to look back and see how he might have cost us in recent playoff games...3 points against the Colts in the playoffs? The collapse in Pitts? But we also have to look at player execution and turnovers.

He should get a ring, but I am glad our OFF is no longer stuck in the mud of Cam's dated, inflexible schemes.

Honestly though, if you were him, would you want it, getting it like that? It's one thing for the equipment guy to get one cause he's still doing his job, no matter how insignificant. Not being involved at the end, not being involved somehow at the the end, would taint it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Eh call me cynical, but the only reason Cam is rooting for the Ravens is because he wants that ring too lol and he knows Biscuit is class through and through so he'll get one. The irony is that if Cam was still the OC we wouldn't even BE in the Super Bowl, so meh to him. Hope he finds another job though. Preferably with the Steelers.
    the 1st sentence makes you Mr Cynical

Cam has always been pure class off the field. Thankfully the Org made the right decision and made the move, but no need for me to root against Cam.

I've campaigned for Cam's dismissal for at least the last two years so I'm very happy that he's gone.

But it was a football thing, not personal. I don't think anyone can question that Cam was trying his best. He never came up short on effort. And he actually did a good job, IMO, in his first couple of years as a Raven. He just lacks the skills we need now.

So if we win the SB, Cam should get a ring if he wants one.

Blog Entries

Cam's record here stands on its own.

We were focused on the negatives, meaning the inflexability, the lack of timely adjustments

He did develop Flacco, keep him (as a totally green starting rookie) from getting killed.... (there was the one severe thigh bruise time frame)....

We couldn't fully develop with Cam and he deserves a ring recognition.... just that it will have irony in that he helped get it but wouldn't have gotten it if he stayed. We still have to get it though before this discussion becomes live
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old